Cell quality; now making an impact from the PATH and along this stretch of York:
2016-02-13 17.14.58.jpg

2016-02-13 17.15.09.jpg

Attachments

• 2016-02-13 17.14.58.jpg
    2016-02-13 17.14.58.jpg
    851.7 KB · Views: 2,528
  • 2016-02-13 17.15.09.jpg
    2016-02-13 17.15.09.jpg
    1,010.3 KB · Views: 2,352
Even in its current state, Ten York is stitching the urban fabric together nicely. The bottom of York Street is finally feeling like a city street thanks to this, One York, Ice and MLS.

Great shots! I can't wait for the Yonge/Bay/York off ramp to come down. It will change the feel for these buildings as they will no longer be trapped between two elevated highways.

It's much cooler like this in my opinion. Also the parking garage is going to be much more noticeable once the ramp is down.

I agree I love that it's between two elevated roads, and I actually love that circular off ramp. When entering the city it makes toronto look very impressive

I'm looking forward to seeing that ramp come down next year. Sure the ramp is cool for drivers, but now that there's development on all sides, that land is needed for a central park space to unite the nascent neighbourhood around.

It's time to move on, past when the car was given pride of place in the area. Taking over the car's central role in shaping that area is public realm, active transportation, and public transit: the Queens Quay transformation has delivered the former and some of the latter, while at Union Station we are still working on the latter. Cars will always be a big deal in the area, but at least some of the massive infrastructure dedicated to them in the area—the Yonge/York/Bay off-ramps—has to be replaced with a less intrusive alternative at Lower Simcoe. The sooner the better.

You sure on that??, ill bet when all said and done it'll cost 15-20 million bucks, wheres the money or have they accumulated enough section 37 funds to cover that??

I'll bet my account against yours that it will come down

My understanding is that demolition begins this summer, with completion of the project due for 2017. The local Councillor has been accumulating funds from the various developments in the area over the last few years from my understanding to fund it.

This metro article from December seems to support me, Demolition begins this year:

http://www.metronews.ca/news/toront...lition-will-yield-prime-new-public-space.html

Good, though like several other posters, I hope they leave up several of the supports. It would have something of a spiral concrete Stonehenge look. Cue the music from Spinal Tap.

Back