Earlier today:

DSC05996.jpg

Attachments

• DSC05996.jpg
    DSC05996.jpg
    460.6 KB · Views: 433
This really turned out well... I think it goes toe to toe with the Ice towers for top new build in the 'nabe...

This really turned out well... I think it goes toe to toe with the Ice towers for top new build in the 'nabe...

For Tridel, this is a masterpiece. The street-level is sharp. Still, I can't help but feel that this was a wasted opportuntity for something truly breathtaking. It blends into the ho-hum sky blue waterfront condo palette and doesn't add much to the skyline.

So is Habour Plaza. The only thing I care for on this building is the podium. The residential floors are just another glass tower to me.
I disagree on both statements. The only reason why I could like Harbour Plaza is that it makes TEN YORK look even nicer.

Overall I like it's vertical lines. I wish the pointed back would have jetted out like the rendering showed. I think the real test will be to see what crowning feature it has and if it is illuminated. Illuminated roofs started nicely with Ice, now Harbour Plaza. Lets hope Tridel sees that their mark on the skyline is an important one.

It's been said by many , but a splash of colour here would have been soooooo nice. Anything to enliven the ashen monolith. Maybe the projected fin will be killer whale-black !

Last edited:
I can't wait to see that same view when One Yonge, CIBC, and the rest of the proposals near George Brown are built.

Anyone know the story behind that crane next to the L-Tower/Backstage?

Back