Update from Tridel:

January Construction Update

With the concrete pour of the roof complete for the Ten York community, our concrete workers will be working on filling in the areas where the crane was situated. Window installations are being done on the 59th floor, and interior suite work such as drywall installations, are on the 45th floor. Plumbing & electrical work are currently on the 29th and 30th floors, and the final coats of paint are taking place on the 17th floor.

The Ten York Customer Care team is on-site making preparations for the start of the Homeowner Orientation and suite closing process. Watch for emails from the team as we move closer to the start of this exciting next step in welcoming you home.

January 19, 2018

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    187.6 KB · Views: 448
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    195.6 KB · Views: 491
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    220.5 KB · Views: 470
With the new glass condo wall on the forefront of Toronto's waterfront, I wonder if the long lambasted grey beasts that used to assume that place - the Harbour Castle, Harbour Square, Harbour Point Condos (aka the "3 ugly Sisters") and Toronto Star building, have lost their foul reputation, or even gained new appreciation?

I dunno, but as far as I'm concerned, some of the new towers looming over the waterfront - the Ice pair, and 10 York to name three prominent ones - share a cool blue glass look that's both monotonous and frigid. There's something undeniably bland about these tall, imposing creatures.

I feel 10 York was a lost opportunity; a warmer colour glass for its cladding would have been a welcome break from the tyranny of sameness. Now it's just another stalk of density adding to the overall urban mass creeping up on the waterfront... I can't help but feel that it could have better distinguished itself.

Too late now, of course.

I dunno, but as far as I'm concerned, some of the new towers looming over the waterfront - the Ice pair, and 10 York to name three prominent ones - share a cool blue glass look that's both monotonous and frigid. There's something undeniably bland about these tall, imposing creatures.

I feel 10 York was a lost opportunity; a warmer colour glass for its cladding would have been a welcome break from the tyranny of sameness. Now it's just another stalk of density adding to the overall urban mass creeping up on the waterfront... I can't help but feel that it could have better distinguished itself.

Too late now, of course.

100%

It's interesting how one can distinguish at a quick glance the age of the skyline by the beige/brick/concrete of the 70's /80's and the blue/green/grey/glossy glass of the last decade or so.

It's one of those towers that has some great angles from up close but is a bore from afar.

Back