100K of retail ! I think MLS is 150K overall (including all the restaurants / Longos).

Ah sorry wrong thread ...

The planning documents for 1 York mention the need to resolve their westward PATH connection, so either it was a typo or they are planning to connect it.

Has there been new info revealed since I once asked this question about a month ago? Just curious haha.

how far away is 10 york from the new office bldgs that went up (Teles House, PwC tower) that I believe are also on York street?

Any chance 10 york would get a PATH connection?

10 York is across the Gardiner Expressway from those buildings (with MLS and Ãce in between). No, a PATH connection is not anticipated for it.

Has there been new info revealed since I once asked this question about a month ago? Just curious haha.

No PATH extension for Ten York. They will have an outdoor extension extending up York to Maple Leaf Square. 1 York will have a PATH connection
I blogged about buildings with The PATH extension here

Here's some approximate views from the 70th floor of Ten York looking southwest, west and north:

uzc0rW

uv3BOb

sC7N89

skCv4C

With good height I would think even an east sunrise view would be exciting. I wondered why there was no east view shown. Now I know! One York Street = no view.

I think it's funny that we are building all these very tall buildings centered around the intersection of York and Lake Shore. Because of the Gardiner expressway blocking the view overhead, the impressive canyon effect that makes skyscrapers so exciting in an urban environment will be completely lost. Also, that intersection is one of the least pedestrian-friendly in the downtown core. Hopefully they make some enhancements (especially on the west side, where drivers are always itchy to get onto the westbound Gardiner on-ramp) to improve the walkability for all the future residents who will be living there.

Last edited:
Would you please stop with the shameless self promotion already. And more importantly, did you actually get permission to promote another site so openly on UT?

It's not like I'm making money from it--it's purely a hobby and I am not in the RE biz. Besides, Ed and I appeared on Brian Persaud's TV show together, so he knows what I'm all about....:) The point is to promote good architecture and eliminate the turds like Aura from ruining the city's built environment.

Call me a lobbyist...for the City of Toronto's design elite.:D

Last edited:
Who cares? Why would he have to get permission?

Obviously I care, since this site is suppose to be free of any self-serving commercial messages of any kind. Off hand it looks like he might be promoting some kind of service. But if what urbandreamer is saying is true - that its just a hobby and no commercial interest is involved, then there's no issue.

Last edited:
A couple of comments on the design:
1) I see influences from the new Bridgepoint addition.
2) It's hard to believe the the city would not want to see this building rotated 45 degrees. That turn would make it more interesting. But at least this is an interesting design. It may look great at night. It is conservative, but it is dressy.

Back