Funniest exchange to date:

insertname - "I'm sorry but how does this not respond to the shape of the site? the site is triangular, and the building is too."

TAAL - "Barely! And likely only noticeable from some angles"

^These renderings?

400369_10151142657333983_1093410730_n.jpg

400369_10151142657338983_934492619_n.jpg

So, will the view North at the pool be the HWY? Hmm, not very inviting if it is. I actually like the shape of this tower but I am worried it will be a fail with poor choices of materials.

Personally, I love highway-watching. There something peaceful about seeing things flow, be it a river of water, or cars. And the North is tilted NW, so you're not really stuck staring at ICE completely.

If Tridel's smart, they should employ the same white glass cladding from FCP. That would turn this building from ho-hum to beautiful for the next 50 years.

Last edited:
Uh oh. That looks like an awful lot of precast.

i think it's panelling that you see.
if you at the pool deck, there are 4 concrete columns, so i assume those columns will run up the entire building there.
also, if you look at the level below, you will see more columns through the 'clear' glass.

haha that picture's funny. You could have every person in Toronto turn their lights off and you still wouldn't see that many stars in the city. Probably a trick to fool dumb people.

also I think it's interesting the way they do the balconies, but ya, the concrete if that's what that is will not be pretty once it gets bird **** on it. look at city hall, it has not aged well. I agree it should be reflective material so it gets accentuated instead of slowly turning dull and dirty.

Last edited:
Look at the second picture, the first two white panels on the right side (south side) of the building. There's a reflection of the glass panel that sticks out. That kind of reflection should only come from reflective panels. Of course, we're extrapolating way too much from renders.

Back