Looks like 9' ceiling heights didn't include valance for HVAC and any opportunity of transoms above windows and doors

Looks like 9' ceiling heights didn't include valance for HVAC and any opportunity of transoms above windows and doors
Forgive my ignorance, but this doesn’t sound good?

I can double check the specs, but I do believe they are 9’ ceilings

Hi Chloe
pretty sure it will be 9' in centre with exterior perimeter built down to accommodate, HVAC,electrical, plumbing
see attached. You can see the duct work runs just inside where windows and doors will be on both North and South sides. Do you have skin in this residence?View attachment 417387
Ah, I see! Thank you for this! We lived in a Condo downtown with a ceiling like this.

And yes, my husband and I bought a unit in this building. It’s both exciting to see it being built, but scary to think about being a home owner haha

Mid-rise Trivia Question:

Q: How many mid-rise projects are u/c and pre-construction along (or near) Kingston Road between Woodbine and Military Trail?

A: 45

Clearly I was bored.

We also purchased a unit, in February of 2020, hopefully we will get in this year!
Welcome to the Beaches, We currently live close and checkup on construction at least once a week
feel free to reach out it you are looking for area info; gary@10design.ca
We also bought in February! We were tempted by that “so soon” move in date 😭

We bought on a lower level so we are also hoping for at least interim occupancy for this year. we are quickly out growing our current space hahah

And thank you for your info! I may reach out for more info!

1 st floor windows installed south side\r\n\r\nNew elevator being installed south/west corner

IMG_3228.jpeg

IMG_3229.jpeg

Does it still look feasible for a December 5th completion date? (The last date we heard from the contact with the representatives)

I don't see a lot of activity, bricks on east end still, in "just starting" status, my best guess is it will not be ready and we will be getting another
delay notice with some new excuse.

We just got an email from the builder.

Roof slab is estimated to be completed on September 7th 2022

We have received a tentative occupancy date for Mid January for our unit. So, more delays. But not as bad as we were thinking.

You would think after 4 years of planning, the designer, or the architect, or the developer could have found
a better place to put this modern art , except along the path between parking and the main entrance.
3E9CDFA0-57F8-4A0E-BD3E-411D33FA0FC7_1_201_a.jpeg

Last edited:
You would think after 4 years of planning, the designer, or the architect, or the developer could have found
a better place to put this modern art , except along the path between parking and the main entrance.View attachment 435338
Enbridge forces developers to locate these things in easily accessible spots, and they have no interest in aesthetics, etc.

Taken today (Nov 23, 2022)

Second floor windows actually went up a month or two ago, then were removed and now it's back. Not sure what the issue was.

IMG_2695.jpeg

Real brick is nice. The inset windows look pretty good.

IMG_2697.jpeg

More brick happening on the west side.

IMG_2698.jpeg

Back