What should be the permanent name for the park under the Gardiner?

• The Artery

Votes: 12 6.5%
  • The Bentway

Votes: 77 41.8%
  • Under Gardiner

Votes: 52 28.3%
  • None of the above

Votes: 43 23.4%

• Total voters
All of that sounds good, except the name you suggested. Under Gardiner sounds ridiculous (and is a clear rip of Under Armour), but we don't need to mimic New York any more, either.

I believe Under Gardiner is a placeholder name and that there will be a contest to choose the final name.

I don't love 'Toronto Highline' much. It's kinda, somewhat similar to a park in NYC built on an elevated railway line called The Highline. So maybe, just maybe, we could come up with a name that makes more sense for a park located under the highway. I got it, I got it: Underpass Park! Is that original enough?

I believe Under Gardiner is a placeholder name and that there will be a contest to choose the final name.

If Waterfront Toronto has anything to do with this contest, I bet that the word 'Common' will somehow show up in the new (winning) name.

So Under Gardiner Common will definitely win.

I'm excited for this project and can't wait to see how it turns out.
I definitely hope they come up with a good name for it.

Our latest front page editorial covers the "Reclaim the Name" campaign.
Gee a logo and other branding....is this thing still on schedule to be completed by summer of 2017?

The fourth and final phase of the campaign, slated for June, will confirm the project's new name and finalize the logo and other branding, with details to be announced in either late June or early July.

Cthulhu all spark is better than Amelia Savannah joy... Way to let the Internet name your baby and then you just not listen

Boaty McBoatface, Cthulhu Allspark, etc. - all just more of the same. The internet has been doing this since the 1990s when it looked like the Northwest Territories would be renamed "Bob".

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

Back