photo 4.jpg
photo 5.jpg

Just some pictures I took when I was at the site a couple days ago...enjoy!

Attachments

• photo 4.jpg
    photo 4.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 349
  • photo 5.jpg
    photo 5.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 372
^^ I wonder if Backstage will be visible from this angle?

Too bad about that 'wall' on Jarvis blocking out so much of the skyline from this angle. Otherwise.. A gorgeous skyline photo from the east.

They are working on the 9th floor. I think they should have the concrete structure done by mid January

And we have brick! The started to brick the underground parking drive-through and you can see the cladding prep is almost done. I'm sure we will see the cladding going up in the next week or so.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 241
  • photo1.jpg
    photo1.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 244
  • photo2.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 221
Any sense if these are new bricks? or are they the recycled ones saved during demolition?

Look back at post 338 and following. "Bricks and sills are sorted and those deemed re-usable will be cleaned and form a part of the redeveloped heritage portion of The Berczy’s exterior."

So my question remains...are these the recycled bricks?

Look back at post 338 and following. "Bricks and sills are sorted and those deemed re-usable will be cleaned and form a part of the redeveloped heritage portion of The Berczy’s exterior."

Only one way to find out; carbon-dating.

If concert is as attentive to detail and finishing as they claim, I think they may use new bricks, or better bricks in street-level facades, where it is more visually scrutinized. Unless of course they're trying to achieve the worn and weathered look to give it a heritage feel, then they may use it at ground level.

Last edited:

Back