maybe not the calibre of materials, but attention to details and quality of finishes should be expected from all developers.

Attention to detail sure, but the two I have underlined seem like a case of semantics. If you want higher quality finishes they're going to cost more money and that puts them out of the reach of most condo buyers. Marble? That's expensive. Zinc cladding? That's expensive. And so on...

I think if you're going to pay $500K for a condo, you deserve to have a well built condo. It's not like the condos here are cheap.

500K is a pretty higher-end condo. The average resale price of condos in Toronto is 350K (as reported today by the TREB). Of course quality workmanship is expected in putting together any home, but recognize this project for what it is; an upscale project charging a lot more than what most can afford. Of course I want nice buildings across our city, but I'm aware of the reality that they can't all be masterpieces.

Attention to detail sure, but the two I have underlined seem like a case of semantics. If you want higher quality finishes they're going to cost more money and that puts them out of the reach of most condo buyers. Marble? That's expensive. Zinc cladding? That's expensive. And so on...

500K is a pretty higher-end condo. The average resale price of condos in Toronto is 350K (as reported today by the TREB). Of course quality workmanship is expected in putting together any home, but recognize this project for what it is; an upscale project charging a lot more than what most can afford. Of course I want nice buildings across our city, but I'm aware of the reality that they can't all be masterpieces.

$350K is at the low end of new construction, though. $350K downtown gets you a 1 bedroom box. This also isn't the only project that pays attention to detail. There are cheaper projects that pay attention to detail. Then there are more expensive projects like One Bedford which pale in comparison to this project but is probably priced higher.

6 years later, 16 September 2012 looking fine! I wish this had been built where the Regency is located--it's quite the contrast walking by the new 4$ then looking across the street then finally you see this building & it dawns on you that might still be in Yorkville. Ha.

20120916190815.jpg

20120916190822.jpg

20120916190924.jpg

20120916190937.jpg

20120916191051.jpg

Great shots UD, and for once I agree with your tastes. This building is stunning - the building materials especially.

I'm afraid to ask what these units are going for. Excellent execution.

I'm surprised they still haven't sold out! That's kind of disconcerting. I saw an ad for the Florian in Toronto Life. I thought by this time there'd be no units left. They are very pricey, if I remember. Most in the $1 million+ range I believe.

The tower does look amazing. One thing that I don't understand though are those white pieces at the end (and sometimes in the middle) of the balconies. Are those supposed to be white glass? I can't tell if they're plywood or glass. Is that the finished product?

The tower does look amazing. One thing that I don't understand though are those white pieces at the end (and sometimes in the middle) of the balconies. Are those supposed to be white glass? I can't tell if they're plywood or glass. Is that the finished product?

I am pretty sure that's just plastic film covering the glass to protect it. It'll eventually be removed and all the glass will look uniform.

And you are right condovo, what a disgrace. You pay over a million dollars for a condo only to look at weeds and a rusted hydro pole.

Detroit's public realm is nicer than that (downtown anyways).

+1

That was a ridiculous comments ... I'd say the downtown of every medium to large American city (no matter how terrible of a financial / social hole they are in) have much better public realms then Toronto !

Back