This building really stands out while travelling eastbound on the Gardiner after one passes Yonge Street. Draws the eyes.

It's also an impressive view terminus for King Street east of Parliament.

A definite masterpiece, maybe DS finest work. I can't find fault with any aspect of it, from the glass, the massing, the street wall--it's all brilliant. What a step up for G&M going from the factory style nothingness of 444 Front to this beauty. Wonder what Hume will have to say about this, considering from where he'll be penning his thoughts.

oDWIPUr.jpg

and just about 100% occupied probably 6 months to a year before it'll even be tenanted

More of this one! (It's hard to just walk by without snapping pics.)

DSC00270.jpg
DSC00271.jpg
DSC00272.jpg
DSC00273.jpg
DSC00275.jpg
DSC00291.jpg

Attachments

• DSC00270.jpg
    DSC00270.jpg
    637.1 KB · Views: 1,120
  • DSC00271.jpg
    DSC00271.jpg
    550 KB · Views: 1,118
  • DSC00272.jpg
    DSC00272.jpg
    241.6 KB · Views: 1,121
  • DSC00273.jpg
    DSC00273.jpg
    298 KB · Views: 1,113
  • DSC00275.jpg
    DSC00275.jpg
    340.7 KB · Views: 1,506
  • DSC00291.jpg
    DSC00291.jpg
    310 KB · Views: 1,510
Full points for the perfectly balanced execution in shot #4. The adjacent glass structure lines up beautifully with the original buildings on the corner.

A definite masterpiece, maybe DS finest work. I can't find fault with any aspect of it, from the glass, the massing, the street wall--it's all brilliant. What a step up for G&M going from the factory style nothingness of 444 Front to this beauty. Wonder what Hume will have to say about this, considering from where he'll be penning his thoughts.

Hume moved from the Star to the G&M? When?

Irishmonk is saying that Hume will be penning his thoughts from an inferior building at 1 Yonge.

That height match with the heritage buildings on the corner is great. Also I love the angles on the view terminus down King. Very sharp.

Stellar in so many ways. But I have just one (very) minor quibble - is there any way to treat/finish the rough concrete undersides of the overhanging sections? I suspect no, given the logistics of such a job.

Wow, thanks! They even look coloured to match their respective light or dark slabs. One more time...wow!

(Any idea on how those would get installed?)

Last edited:

It's a Dickinson, you know. But yeah, "factory style nothingness" and all...

*eye roll*

Back