AL50Wx3.jpg

I happen to live on St.Joseph St and my heart sank when they tore down 587 younge as it was a 1908 building in amazing shape. What i dont understand is that the whole area from bloor to collage on yonge is part of the historic yonge district. How did the city allow this? Such a shame.

One of the lesser-talked-about parts of reducing or eliminating minimum parking standards in newer / revised zoning by-laws is that underground garages won't have to be excavated and historic buildings could, theoretically, be left undisturbed during construction. A good number of historic buildings have been removed or facadized simply because it's easier to shore and dig one large bathtub rather than trying to fit ones way around a house or small commercial building (even if the potential yield is only 1-3 spaces per level).

Im not even sure if the could dig below as the Subway being close. Its sad lets hope they keep the front and south wall like 5 St. Joseph or 11 St. Joseph. I just hope the city keeps an eye on the townhomes and rest of yonge street.

Im not even sure if the could dig below as the Subway being close. Its sad lets hope they keep the front and south wall like 5 St. Joseph or 11 St. Joseph. I just hope the city keeps an eye on the townhomes and rest of yonge street.

From the Dev App Site for 593 Yonge, Architectural Plans:

upload_2017-1-20_20-6-50.png

AoD

Attachments

• upload_2017-1-20_20-6-50.png
    upload_2017-1-20_20-6-50.png
    64.2 KB · Views: 427
They won't have any issues with building close to the subway here: the tunnel is to the east of the development. Meanwhile, a couple of blocks to the south at "TeaHouse", Lanterra will be digging immediately around the subway where it moves from under Yonge to east of it. Exhibit is another building that was just completed on top of a subway tunnel. It can be done, you just have to "plan around it".

Latest update. All I can say is, this damned tree better live forever after all this:

(forgive the size, whenever I post imgur links to this message board they are blown up to large scale and I can't figure out how to change that)

unjEn9w.png

Z2bgHNH.png

(Tree protection zone toward south-east corner of property)

Last edited:

Attachments

• iu.jpg
    iu.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 433
Shoring today.
IMG_4134.JPG
IMG_4135.JPG
IMG_4136.JPG
IMG_4137.JPG
IMG_4138.JPG

Attachments