News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

The party's tomorrow night. It's shaping up nicely.

I was just on AM640 talking about Toronto the Good. We got off topic and talked about the Winchester for a while.

A change in my busy schedule means I should be able to come. Looking forward to it.

It's come as you are, right?

Ya, come as you are. Most will come after the work. We've got got rsvps from loads of good city folk...so leave your ass-less chaps in Brampton. Actually, bring them if that's what you want. I keep thinking of mutated debutant balls.

s

I should add that you can show up later too, not just after work. we'll got to 11 or 12. i think the free food ends or runs out around 9pm though. too many details.

Had a great time, thanks for the work you put into this Shawn. It was a nice crowd, loved the subway signs and various contests and events scattered around. It was very hard to decide on the heart of the city, eventually I put my sticker on Ireland Park, which gives a great view of the city, is about how people arrived here, and is not even completed yet.

One quibble would be the sound system. I felt badly for the Poet Laureate since so many people continued to chat while he was speaking, but honestly, it was very hard to make out what he was saying.

It was fun - the food was better than I expected, the venue perfect and got to meet a few interesting people, but besides Shawn, I only got to meet unimaginative from UT - I did not see you there, Archivistower.

One of my favourite parts was looking at people putting up stickers on a map of Toronto (with only building footprints and parks), and commenting that no one seemed to care for Dundas Square, since there were no red stickers (representing what people thought was the heart of Toronto) there. Behind me, a man and woman together changed the locations of their red stickers and introduced themselves at James Brown and Kim Storey.

That guess the intersection game was fun too - after completing my form, I watched other people try to figure each one out.

Where's Ireland park?

That room is nearly impossible to E.Q. properly without an actual audio engineer. We even had 6 good speakers and scattered them about. The sound of people chattering in the far back carries over the rafters - and when we put the volumn up louder we would get feedback. People really have to hear him talk more (in general).

Thanks for coming you guys. I liked the mix of folk we got out too.

Shawn, Ireland Park sort of doesn't exist yet. Ireland I can imagine there's problems with the sound no matter what you do. You'd spoken so highly of the laureate that I was looking forward to hearing him speak, but it was a trifle hard to concentrate. I hope his experience wasn't negative.

He seemed happy at the end.

The free drinks probably increased the chatter.

I just saw ireland park yes. It's cuz i never read the projects section here. i should i guess. i just did.

shawn, keep out of the projects section. We'll let you know what you need to know on a need to know basis.

Back