Based on the render we are looking at about 310m

The Pinnacle condo beside it(33 Bay) is 164m.

Wow, it’s a beauty. A massive beauty. Hopefully they go with the darker glass, would be a nice contrast to Harbour Plaza. A touch thinner would have been nice. Interested to see what the other side looks like. Definitely okay with losing out on my lake view for this giant! #YIMBY

It has a definite 70's vibe to it. Other than the trees I feel as though I've seen this before? Aside from that I think this will be a show stopper for an otherwise uninteresting corner. I do like that the proposal appears to to be pulled back at the base to allow for a better view of the old harbour building. As mentioned this along with all the other proposals condos office etc. will make this area hum.

The concept of this project is quite of the intricate design of the Citigroup Centre in Midtown Manhattan especially at its base. Citigroup had to build on a site with a heritage church that could not be removed like the Toronto Harbour Commission Building has to stay in situ.

Citigroup Center was completed in 1977 at 279 m. containing 59 floors with 1.3 million square feet of office space (wikipedia).

800px-Citigroup_center_from_ground.jpg

Base of the Citigroup Center. St. Peter's Evangelical Lutheran Church is visible on the left-hand-side below the skyscraper, the location of which necessitated the unusual column locations (wikipedia).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citigroup_Center#/media/File:Citigroup_center_from_ground.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like a teaser for Amazon. Surrounded by every type of transit (subway, GO, bus, streetcar) and highway access the city has to offer plus its proximity to habourfront, CBD and all major sports venues - it's quite a prize location.

That is the building that was about to topple before rectified. Am I correct?

Not quite - there was an engineering flaw that create the risk of collapse under certain conditions - it wasn't going to topple if those conditions weren't met.

On another note - makes you wonder how long the Westin conference building can remain standing.

AoD

Wow, we are getting a Rogers. With a Foster and a Gehry, etc, we are racking up quite the list of "starchitects".

I like the design of the tower and yes, it will be a nice contrast to the Toronto glass office box, which is so prevalent in SouthCore, just a few steps away. I wouldn't mind a splash of colour (I noticed on the firm's website, that many of their projects have some bold colours, which work perfectly to soften the industrial/factory feel of some of their work), but alas, beggars can't be choosers (and right now, I am begging for variety in office building form).

Yes, the street animation is lacking but given the bold built form at ground level, I will willing to make that sacrifice.

(totally forgot that Rogers is doing the St. Lawrence market North. Hope this does not get watered down like that project did)

Last edited:

Back