If we got anywhere close to the quality at Leadenhall in London we'll be in good shape. RSH know their details and Oxford generally goes with good quality builds.

+1. Leadenhalls guts are equally impressive. I want more glass elevators here.

It’s truly incredible that there are now Foster, Piano and Rogers buildings in development in Toronto, two of which are already under construction. But now that you bring up London, it’s hard not feeling that the Toronto offspring are the ‘+Partners’ buildings. The Gherkin, Shard, and Leadenhall are exceptional.

Would be interested to see more details drop with regards to the exterior structural element. Is it white, or silvery/shiny metallic to give it a high-tech look? If it is white-painted concrete, I think there's room to go even bolder. Red, black, bronzey-orange? Anyway just wanted to see how colours would look.

image10.pngimage4639.png

Attachments

• image10.png
    image10.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 483
  • image4639.png
    image4639.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 368
Forgive me for saying this but it kind of looks like The One condo but fatter ! And the height in the rendering above makes it seem like it's 300 meters high !

Forgive me for saying this but it kind of looks like The One condo but fatter ! And the height in the rendering above makes it seem like it's 300 meters high !

Yes that's been well noted, certainly very hard to believe queues weren't taken from that project.

We still have no idea the exact height of this thing, guesses range from 240m to 300m. My personal guess is around 265-270m. Oxford did reveal they plan on giving more details at the end of March so if the height doesn't leak out before then we will be waiting.

My opinion of this tower..... has huge potential. Looks a bit like a large fat piece of scaffolding. But also a relief to not have ANOTHER big glass box. So I think they are on the right track. I would like to see some further renders tbh.

We still have no idea the exact height of this thing, guesses range from 240m to 300m. My personal guess is around 265-270m. Oxford did reveal they plan on giving more details at the end of March so if the height doesn't leak out before then we will be waiting.

My opinion of this tower..... has huge potential. Looks a bit like a large fat piece of scaffolding. But also a relief to not have ANOTHER big glass box. So I think they are on the right track. I would like to see some further renders tbh.
We will get the height in the next day or two when the rezoning docs get posted on the City's website.

A periodic reminder that there is 10M of Class A square feet built or under construction in SoCo proper (Front Street, Yonge Street, Simcoe, Queens Quay). That makes SoCo about the same market size (in terms of Class A office space) as Downtown Ottawa (currently the countries sixth largest Class A office market). Almost all of which (excluding Waterpark Place 1+2) was built since 1999 (when ACC opened) + and the bulk of which was constructed post 2009.

Would be interested to see more details drop with regards to the exterior structural element. Is it white, or silvery/shiny metallic to give it a high-tech look? If it is white-painted concrete, I think there's room to go even bolder. Red, black, bronzey-orange? Anyway just wanted to see how colours would look.

View attachment 135706View attachment 135707

The touch of colour in a typical RSH manner made it stand out - the question is whether this is considered too radical by the developer? It could be something like the RSH Transbay proposal:

AoD

Love the RED!!! Would definitely give our skyline some much needed colour!

I love the red exoskeleton but I think it'll cause collective seizures in the DRB/planning dept--kinda like the effect of seeing those 90s Japanese anime shows.

I think a soft golden hue on those beams would work quite nicely. And of course, lots and lots of LED lights pulsing up and down at night.

I also want to add my response to Koops65 renders: OMFG, I wish I had a time machine--to go BACKWARDS and show folks in the 80s and 90s what this city is going to look like.

I'm not sold on the exoskeleton being coloured so garishly but I think some more colour on the podium would make it more interesting, perhaps the interior of the lobby and the underside of that overhanging floorplate. I'm hoping they'll do a little more with the podium, especially the cube-like form above the lobby which I find a little dull. It seems pretty conservative and restrained considering the firms past work. I'm not advocating the exposed and complex structures of the Lloyd's building but I find the design at pedestrian level to be too conventional.

Back