[...] As for the tower itself, I find there's just to much girth to it. Both this and Commerce Court 3 need to slimmed down.[...]

I do like the design, but feel it would look better if it were either taller or thinner, even if just a bit.

It is an office building, and no fatter than Sun Life next door (nor I suspect FCP). I wouldn’t mind taller though.

AoD, that was my thought. Is the floor plate for the tower any larger than the typical office floor plate? Developers don't build office these days, at least in this market, without a minimum floor plate.

I would also like taller.

does anyone else feel like the building is straight out of the 70's? like the CIBC building on Yonge and Bloor? Not a big fan of the design, hope it goes back to the drawing table.

That’s exactly how it feels, and that’s what I love most about it. Has the potential to become the best office tower in the city since the TDs.

Give me more of that and less RBC Waterpark, etc. any day.

AoD, that was my thought. Is the floor plate for the tower any larger than the typical office floor plate? Developers don't build office these days, at least in this market, without a minimum floor plate.

I would also like taller.

Not like there are any functional reasons for this to happen (in fact, all but one core ended before reaching the top floors) - but I would love to see the four coloured elevator cores extend past the roofline to terminate the tower.

That, and the vierendeel column needs to be in a strong colour.

AoD

Last edited:
Just to chime in. Typical minimum lease floor plates for Commercial buildings is 25,000 sqft. any smaller and it isn't really very marketable. Larger floor plates like FCP are geared towards big corporations say 25-35,000 sqft. Larger usually podium floor plates are considered "trade" floors and are geared towards Tech companies banking floors.
This is what I have been taught through work in the industry, though I realize differences in that logic are out there.

Here is my 2 cents worth... It's big office, of course it's fat, that's a good thing in my books. You only need to look next door for skinny condos if that's your thing.

This is my thing:

UVpmDFf.png

UgvfQwD.png

Jz6QRfT.png

I don't see the point of worrying about what it looks like from a particular spot on the lake. There are so many vantage points from which to view the city. It's going to be fine.

Haha, a 280 meter, 1.6 million sq. ft. state of the art office bldg. designed by one of the best architecture firms in the world and you're worried how it looks from the lake??...only in Toronto:D

I think this is one of the towers that will surprise many and turn out much better than the renders.

Back