even if they do something with mirvish Gehry, it will still be shorter than one Yonge and The one.

Looks a bit strange now, they should have just gone full 4 Times Square with a giant central spire.

commerce cort will be 350m with the spire and FCP is 355m

850ft is still a great height , Im not disappointed. Add in the spire and it's actually taller. I hope it gets built, I always love a new office tower going up.
Hmm?..i thought it is 273m /896 feet to the fins, plus the spire?

commerce cort will be 350m with the spire and FCP is 355m
FCP has an antenna, which does not count in the overall height

We’re talking about buildings heights not pipes and wood.

The construction industry in general likes things in imperial units. Lots of building materials come from the US (Canada produces a lot of raw material for construction but the US does more processing) and have standard sizes in imperial because of this.

It also wasn't really that long ago that metric became the standard so there's still a lot of overlap.

but the planning industry likes metric.

All the plans available to this board are not construction drawings, and therefor are dimensioned in metric.

speaking of feet vs. metres, is there a specific reason the database uses only feet to describe building height? I feel like it should at least provide both measurements.

Pretty much the only two industries to still rely on imperial in Canada are construction and the railroad industry.. because of their heavy overlap with the US.

Back