I just hope the "skygarden" is retained, that's what would truly make this project unique. I wouldn't be surprised if (hopefully i'm wrong) it was stripped right out of the project altogether.

I just hope the "skygarden" is retained, that's what would truly make this project unique. I wouldn't be surprised if (hopefully i'm wrong) it was stripped right out of the project altogether.
This is a high-end office complex, i doubt much will change here

View attachment 180503

it looks better now. the glass is darker than it was before and with that mechanical structure it looks like a wrapped gift. I like it
Yup, can't wait to see The Hub @ 60s/274m and CIBC-2 @ 54s/242m go up at the same time ...good times:cool:

im not worried about the quality of this project, Oxford always deliver what they promise. the only worry is I hope they can start construction as soon as possible and I hope Oxford doesn't shorten the tower after approval like CIBC or 160 Front.

Resubmitted materials in support of ZBA application:

Screen Shot 2019-04-11 at 3.29.01 PM.png

Hmm? the next wave of development?... hopefully soon

Toronto office market: Landlords can ‘name their price’

The report said the next wave of development includes these notable projects: Oxford’s The HUB (1.3 million square feet); QuadReal’s Commerce Court 3 (1.8 million square feet); Allied Properties REIT and Westbank’s Union Centre (1.3 million square feet); and Hines’ 10-storey mass-timber office building called T3 Bayside (240,000 square feet).
More..... https://renx.ca/gta-office-market-continues-strong-performance/

Hmm? the next wave of development?... hopefully soon

Toronto office market: Landlords can ‘name their price’

The report said the next wave of development includes these notable projects: Oxford’s The HUB (1.3 million square feet); QuadReal’s Commerce Court 3 (1.8 million square feet); Allied Properties REIT and Westbank’s Union Centre (1.3 million square feet); and Hines’ 10-storey mass-timber office building called T3 Bayside (240,000 square feet).
More..... https://renx.ca/gta-office-market-continues-strong-performance/

Looking back to the original Avison Young report.........there is some more interesting data there.

A supply crisis persists in Toronto’s red-hot downtown market, which posted a first-quarter vacancy rate of 1.9% – down 60 bps year-over-year and still hovering near the historic low of 1.8% set at year-end 2018.

The amount of office area confirmed or under construction remained steady at 11.2 msf (58% preleased )

Construction continues on 9.6 msf of space in the downtown market, with 57% preleased at the end of the quarter. That number is poised to jump to 71%, however, as speculation was rampant near quarter-end that pending deals

Full report linked below:

Looking back to the original Avison Young report.........there is some more interesting data there.

A supply crisis persists in Toronto’s red-hot downtown market, which posted a first-quarter vacancy rate of 1.9% – down 60 bps year-over-year and still hovering near the historic low of 1.8% set at year-end 2018.

The amount of office area confirmed or under construction remained steady at 11.2 msf (58% preleased )

Construction continues on 9.6 msf of space in the downtown market, with 57% preleased at the end of the quarter. That number is poised to jump to 71%, however, as speculation was rampant near quarter-end that pending deals

Full report linked below:

We've seen the largest portion of those pending deals come to fruition with TD taking 33 floors in 160 Front, but it's interesting that there's speculation of a pending deal for 65 King East that was being built on spec.

With not so many completions slated for the rest of 2019 I wouldn't be surprised to see one or two more projects go ahead!

I walked by the site and at the parking entrance, it said the lot is closed between May and June, with a bunch of generators occupying the site. My interpretation is that the closure is temporary, hope I'm wrong

Back