Building taller towers behind lower ones along Yonge, King West, Queen st. is so much more eye appealing.

Residences of RMCI has virtually no parking and it is much taller and probably selling at a much higher price point. Having fewer parking spaces seems to be the trend these days.

aA's design on this building is much more detailed and thought out than their other recent proposals. I hope to see more of this.

I think this is a fantastic proposal... something has to be done with all those crappy shops on Yonge st. And as this proposal seems to maintain the heritage let 'em build it!

Does anyone know where the subway runs, I thought it was under the park...?

Last edited:
I agree with the consensus here: its a fine tower which leaves the good older elements at ground level, alone. Perfect.

34 parking spaces for 211 units??

I'm surprised they were even able to provide any parking at all given the small site and preservation of the historic buildings....i agree with Edward and the consensus here, a site like this doesn't need any parking....but at least an effort is being made to provide some which seems in line with these guys general approach which is one of reasonableness (which for a change is refreshing to see....ahem lanterra!!).

i wonder where the cars would come in, i'm guessing from the lane based on the pic snapped yesterday of hte sign on the buidling

Sorry, why do we care so much which building is in the reflection?

Anyways I think it looks great and I love how it's set behind the heritage building on Yonge. I do think it's sad that FLY will be disappearing. It's such a popular club.

Very, very sad for Fly. One of Toronto's only reamaining true dance clubs :(

This is a bit off topic:
I remember when the (by?)-law went through that outlawed new dance spaces in neighbourhoods, and herded everything into the Entertainment District.

No new zone has been set aside to replace the Entertainment District. I think that allowing new clubs (and dance clubs) into neighbourhoods is a natural part of their growth and character.

Does anyone know if this banning law has been reversed, or if there are any plans to reverse it?

Last edited:
Hariri Pontarini is doing this one, according to another developer.

Building taller towers behind lower ones along Yonge, King West, Queen st. is so much more eye appealing.

Absolutely!

This is a bit off topic:
I remember when the (by?)-law went through that outlawed new dance spaces in neighbourhoods, effectively herding everything into the Entertainment District.

No new zone has been set aside to replace the Entertainment District - and allowing new clubs (and dance clubs) into neighbourhoods is a natural part of their growth and character.

Does anyone know if this banning law has been reversed, or if there are any plans to reverse it?

Send an email to Krystin Wong-Tam about this ridiculous by-law, she supports patios, has a very real grasp of urban issues and she really cares about the Church-Wellesley Village (I'd bet she's an ardent follower of Jane Jacobs). Don't email Adam Vaughan!

Residences of RMCI has virtually no parking and it is much taller and probably selling at a much higher price point. Having fewer parking spaces seems to be the trend these days.

Europe tried to go the route of "car-free-cities" in the 70's and it didn't work... keep in mind that these cities had better transit systems than Toronto. The developer could easily double or triple parking by going the route of buildings like Trump Tower, 1 King W, Cube Lofts etc and using mechanical parking systems.

Most people who have enough money to live in these locations will have at least one vehicle...

Developments on Yonge or University might get away with it though. I guess the market will decide.

Last edited:
Send an email to Krystin Wong-Tam about this ridiculous by-law, she supports patios, has a very real grasp of urban issues and she really cares about the Church-Wellesley Village (I'd bet she's an ardent follower of Jane Jacobs). Don't email Adam Vaughan!

A little off topic, but isn't KW Tam the best new city councillor we've had since, I don't know, David Crombie? If we still had the old city I'm convinced she would be mayor some day. *sigh*

I like this project too.....who are Angel Developments?

Back