Hopefully the retail will be able to operate throughout.

Even if I end up poorer for the effort, I enjoy my periodic shop at Harvest Wagon; their fussiness on Haricots Verts, fresh herbs, frisee lettuce; is appreciated; as is the depth of their selection, including relatively obscure items like Watermelon Radish.

Oliffe also has some good product; but by far, the best thing about them, is they will carve meat on request if they have it on site.

As a result you can get all sorts of specialty cuts that don't normally make it into the case.

...except for the fact that it obviously can be described as something (many things, in fact) other than obnoxious.

Sure it It can :) it's just one person's opinion.
You can also take that "only" with a grain of salt, a sense of humour, and a the tiny hint of sarcasm it was intended with.

Tricon's website anticipates this project to be complete in 2025:

james.JPG

Forecasted construction timeline:

Demolition: January 2021 to March 2021;
Excavation and shoring: March 2021 to December 2021;
Below grade formwork: December 2021 to July 2022;
Above grade formwork: July 2022 to July 2023;
Building envelope phase: December 2022 to November 2023; and
Interior finishes stage: April 2023 to March 2025.

Bittersweet poetry mood, mate:

peace of mind and heart arrives
when we accept what is:
having been born into this strange life
we must accept the wasted gamble of our days
and take some satisfaction in the pleasure of
leaving it all behind.

Forecasted construction timeline:

Demolition: January 2021 to March 2021;
Excavation and shoring: March 2021 to December 2021;
Below grade formwork: December 2021 to July 2022;
Above grade formwork: July 2022 to July 2023;
Building envelope phase: December 2022 to November 2023; and
Interior finishes stage: April 2023 to March 2025.

When in the timeline would the grapefruit fountain be installed?

This design dosen't fit the location imo.

The retail will probably have those cheapo aluminum doors with the C ring handles. As far as retail goes, nothing is worse than double ceiling height units covered by a sheet of glass at street level and exposed concrete ceilings (and round exposed concrete pillars)

Last edited:
This design dosen't fit the location imo.

The retail will probably have those cheapo aluminum doors with the C ring handles. As far as retail goes, nothing is worse than double ceiling height units covered by a sheet of glass at street level and exposed concrete ceilings (and round exposed concrete pillars)

I doubt it's going to feel anything other than premium when all is said and done. Cobe is nearly as good as it gets -- I'm very excited to see their first few buildings in Toronto come online -- plus they've got competent local architects managing the work, and the developer knows this whole affair has to be very upscale.

This ain't gonna be the Shoppers at the Britt.

1613254895308.png

1613254825362.png

Im skeptical that Tricon will value engineer anything that Cobe has planned.

The Cobe West Donlands proposal looks warmer and more satisfying judging from the rendering. Wish we could swap the two developments.

Back