5 June 2010:

dsc08666m.jpg

They have blue fence around parking lot and few digger machines on it now.

The fence and the digger have been there for a week or 10 days (as the photo shows sitting under a sign saying "Construction starts May 1." ) We may see demolition by (or in) July but who knows when the actual construction will start. Maybe they meant 2011? :->

That's what I was wondering too, it has been awhile since I've walked by there and thought "How long has this equipment been here?"

Thank you for answering my un-asked question.

The fence and the digger have been there for a week or 10 days (as the photo shows sitting under a sign saying "Construction starts May 1." ) We may see demolition by (or in) July but who knows when the actual construction will start. Maybe they meant 2011? :->

Maybe they should remove the "Consturction starts May 1" sign.... It just looks funny considering we're approaching July.

There is more updates on app page I guess they are still playing tennis with city works.

10 145838 DEM 00 Demolition Folder (DM) Apr 6, 2010 Inspection <-----Was approved

10 121627 SHO 00 Partial Permit Feb 25, 2010 Response Received <----------new
10 121627 FND 00 Partial Permit Feb 25, 2010 Under Review <-----------new

10 121627 HVA 00 Mechanical(MS) Feb 25, 2010 Not Started <-------- same
10 121627 BLD 00 New Building Feb 22, 2010 Not Started <-------- same

The billboards on the south side of this site amuse me greatly, as this side has the tag line "where design lives" in a completely different font than elsewhere, and indeed different than the other text on the rest of the billboard. You'd think someplace that is promoting "design" would pay attention to this kind of detail.

I'm glad to see this one going ahead. I'd love to see Corktown become a livelier, higher density area. The east side of downtown has such great potential.

So I've stopped by the place and demolition permit attached to the wire said "Car Dealership". There is car dealership being built across the street not sure why would that demolition apply to the parking lot where building is supposed to go.

Edit: I've double checked demolition permit numbers. One in a picture I've taken and on the website match (10 145838 00 DEM)

Last edited:
from today's Daily Commercial News, and posted with the usual caveat.....

CONDOMINIUM BUILDING Proj: 9093705-7
Toronto, Metro Toronto Reg ON NEGOTIATED/PLANS COMPLETE

The King East, 330 King St E, M5A 1K6
$52,000,000 est

Start: September, 2010 Complete: 2012

Note: Demolition is underway. Owner expects excavation and shoring will begin late July/early August, 2010. Construction start is expected Fall, 2010. Sub trade tenders are being issued sequentially as needed to an Invited list. All trades will be secured late Fall, 2010. Further update September, 2010.
www.thekingeast.com A contact at Hyde Park Homes is not available for publication.

Project: concrete foundation, concrete tilt-up structural frame, electric heating system, proposed construction of a condominium building with a red brick and stone-clad podium on the first three floors, rising to a glass-clad 14 storey building above.

Scope: 44,880 m²; 14 storeys; 2 storeys below grade; 215 units; parking for 200 cars
Development: New
Category: Apartment bldgs

Back