Festival is a fine looking tower, simple, elegant. It's far, far better than this one or M5V which are both a jumble (although there was an attempt to elevate M5V above the average, it is let down particularly by how poorly it resolves on the skyline).

I don't understand how what was (I think everyone believed) going to be red brick on the Mercer became this unfortunate tinted precast. That's a bait and switch, pure and simple, for which the should be financial repercussions for the developer.

Last edited:
Festival is a fine looking tower, simple, elegant. It's far, far better than this one or M5V which are both a jumble (although there was an attempt to elevate M5V above the average, it is let down particularly by how poorly in resolves on the skyline).

I don't understand how what was (I think everyone believed) going to be red brick on the Mercer became this unfortunate tinted precast. That's a bait and switch, pure and simple, for which the should be financial repercussions for the developer.

how poorly it "resolves on the skyline"? really? you just wrote that? wow.

This is nothing new. Renders show a completely different building than what is delivered. Why is this allowed? It's like proposing a Bentley and delivering a Camry.

M5V was supposed to be nice, but got taken over by another builder, I believe and the "cheapening" started from there. We were promised one thing and got something completely different. I actually like Festival Tower. But for such an important area, and for it to be called our entertainment district...to have such crappy design in that cluster is disappointing. I'm speaking about Mercer, Cinema Tower and he Pinnacle project on Adelaide. Total crap design when so much more was promised.

Last edited:
Very Yaletownish/Vancouver I think
F8DGz73.jpg

5IQAcxp.jpg

rE7HxaW.jpg

8o1iyTI.jpg

ExJ1N1D.jpg

IVQusoN.jpg

I disagree. I don't particularly like the colour choices but, I do like the pattern.

I don't mind this one either. It looks pretty good for a "value" condo and it's well-mannered in its context.

I don't mind this one either. It looks pretty good for a "value" condo and it's well-mannered in its context.

Thing is, it's promoted as an upscale condo. I wouldn't call it "value" but perhaps we're thinking of two different things.

when was the last time a condo wasn't promoted as upscale? the price per square foot really tells you its "luxury level", not the marketing.

Back