when was the last time a condo wasn't promoted as upscale? the price per square foot really tells you its "luxury level", not the marketing.

The PPSF at Mercer was higher. The finishes (marble, built in appliances all standard, etc). Now go compare that with Pinnacle up the street. I disagree with you. Many condos aren't marketed as upscale, luxury.

UYryP1L.jpg

GA3I3Gj.jpg

x3dC4Xb.jpg

HrHfJEJ.jpg

That's really bizarre that they are painting those precast panels even though the pattern is extremely simple and doesn't require a 2nd colour for the simulated mortar lines like they do for precast brick.
You would think having pigmented precast panels would be the way to go in this application -- less labour and less wear/maintenance issues down the road.

I do like the reddish tone on the building though.

They don't paint these things, they stain them. Stain sinks in. There should not be any maintenance issues in terms of colour issues if small chips occur.

stain or paint... concrete is very porous and just sucks up the colour. Everything in BC is painted cast in place concrete.

stain or paint... concrete is very porous and just sucks up the colour. Everything in BC is painted cast in place concrete.

Fun fact: old factories that were once used to make "Prussian Blue" pigment have all their walls a deep blue colour. One step in the pigment's production is the gas hydrogen cyanide, and it reacts with any iron in masonry or concrete to form Prussian blue. HCN migrates through even slightly porous solids so easily that even 16-inch thick walls are deep blue all the way through, from the gas working its way right through and reacting with any iron in the walls.

Such an ugly building. Looks like it should be in Markham or Erin Mills somewhere.

Back