Black brick can look nice, but in mtl it's playing off greystone. That works. Toronto is a red brick city and I hope it remains so!

Much of TO is a yellow brick city.

ex.: Maple Leaf Gardens, Fashion Bldg (130 Spadina), Water Works on Richmond (St Andrew's Pk. (yellow + red)), as well as many deco era buildings and victorian row houses throughout the city.

Last edited:
Black brick is a classy look as long as its done tastefully. I personally think recessed balconies and black brick should be the new standard for lowrises. Just like the puke-colored brick was a big deal from the 60's-80's. Toronto goes through architectural phases like any city. All the ugly buildings we hate now will be heritage structures years down the road. we should accept every generations form of architecture for what it is, that way we will have a city that doesnt look like it was all built the same year

From my POV today -

From my POV today -

This building is quite striking when walking by along Sherbourne.

modernd13.jpg

I've noticed that people have started moving into this building. Has anyone active on this form already moved in? How is it looking?

This building is quite striking when walking by along Sherbourne.

modernd13.jpg

Nice addition in that section of the city! Moss Park needs more stuff like this.
I can't wait for the empty building on the other side of street to be restored. It seems to have decent bones. Too bad the KorMann House was cancelled :(

I really hope this beautiful section of Queen Street (well, the block north-east of the intersection) will gentrify, but it has a lot of obstacles in its path...

Back