Photos taken today, Friday (Sept. 15). Not much changed since my last post a week ago. None of the scaffolding has gone up, as the more-tedious work on the mechanical levels 37/38 continue. The one bit of progress to report is the installation of glass and cladding on the 9th floor behind the east and north Rail Climbing Systems (RCSs). Last week, glass was only installed on the south side, east of the crane. Now, the glass is almost completely installed on the east and north side; the cladding now seemingly fully installed on the east side, not yet on the north side.

My post starts with my usual "time-lapse" photo from the NE corner of Yonge and Bloor, followed by a wide shot from Cumberland east of Bay. No discernible differences in either from last week. Then, shots of the NE and NW corners under the RSCs, where we can see the progress of the glass and cladding installation on the 9th floor. Finally, a couple shots of the crane - hoisting something and its shadow against 1 Bloor E.

UTIMG_4191.jpg
UTIMG_4103.jpg

UTIMG_3997.jpg
UTIMG_4054.jpg
UTIMG_4005.jpg
UTIMG_4022.jpg

Part 2 of 3 taken on September 14, 2023:

Yonge and Bloor (aka the Golden Corner or the Champagne Corner):

IMG_0040.jpeg
IMG_0041.jpeg
IMG_0042.jpeg
IMG_0043.jpeg
IMG_0044.jpeg
IMG_0045.jpeg
IMG_0046.jpeg
IMG_0047.jpeg
IMG_0048.jpeg
IMG_0049.jpeg
IMG_0050.jpeg
IMG_0051.jpeg

For the first photo in this post, I have used the AI to generate a story based on that photo.

You can read it here:

You can even try out that feature.

Aren't they back on mechanical levels, which take much longer than regular floors?

If I am not mistaken, they are done with the mechanical section and they are working on the 39th floor (walls to support the 40th floor). Just like with the previous section (19, 20 floors), this will serve as a weight transfer section since the layout of the floors will change. There will be tons of lateral rebar in the walls as well.

Back