This is 2018! He's offended!
I'm not offended. I am questioning Mizrahi's intentions (real original, I know). At what point do shoring and excavation costs reach a point where there's very little likelihood that a developer can't shift back to speculation? Has that point already been reached? If it has, do you think that this will end up being a squat retail building for the foreseeable future?

Attachments

• giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    1.6 MB · Views: 213
Oh what's this? A grumpy old man is fed up with the youngins and he's shaking his head? Not at all going out on a limb here, I'm going to say... Toronto Sun reader?
As a smart assed youngin...you have a long way to go if this is all it takes to offend you. Triggered? Go find your safe space sonny.

It appears that they are clearly stalling the project a little. Does anyone know the percentage of units sold? Is it over 50%?

actually someone asked this a while ago but didn't see an answer... for the 72%+ sold figure in the papers, was it out of those released or out of all 416?

i think sam announced way back that they sold 2 penthouses to local buyers, but then i saw an ad the other day that the 2 south facing penthouses are still available... which implies that, if sam's statement is still true today, someone bought the 2 north facing penthouses when the south penthouses were still available?! maybe i'm missing something but it doesn't make any sense that someone willing to spend $15m on a unit in this building would choose the north over the south penthouse?

actually someone asked this a while ago but didn't see an answer... for the 72%+ sold figure in the papers, was it out of those released or out of all 416?

i think sam announced way back that they sold 2 penthouses to local buyers, but then i saw an ad the other day that the 2 south facing penthouses are still available... which implies that, if sam's statement is still true today, someone bought the 2 north facing penthouses when the south penthouses were still available?! maybe i'm missing something but it doesn't make any sense that someone willing to spend $15m on a unit in this building would choose the north over the south penthouse?

I understand if they intend to live there themselves. I have lived in several southern exposure apartments over the years and I would never do it again. Keeping cool in the summer, especially with large windows, is very difficult regardless of your HVAC system, and you can't enjoy the view or the light if you have to keep your blinds closed. I can leave mine wide open all day in my northern exposure windows - I actually enjoy more daylight than I used to.

Back