Photos taken today, Friday (July 21). Since I last posted last Friday, the tower's forms have gone up one floor, 35th or 36th now, all the scaffolding on the corners of the mechanical floors are gone, the fifth set of hangers were installed on Wednesday and Thursday judging by other postings here, and some more of the ceiling cladding on the ground floor has been installed, with visible cables presumably for signage or lighting.

The photos: after the wide beauty shot, some shots of that new ground-floor ceiling cladding. Then the "notches" as I called them on the corners of the mechanical level, all now scaffold-free. Does anyone know why the SE corner has that diagonal ledge, unlike the other corners? And some views from Bay and Cumberland where, as others here have already posted, we get a pretty good unobstructed view for the upper levels. A final wide shot from near the mall entrance on Yonge.

The latest "time-lapse" photograph for the album of the same name on Flickr Oct 2020-Jul 2023:

UTIMG_6112.jpg
UTIMG_6068.jpg
UTIMG_6164.jpg
UTIMG_6176.jpg
UTIMG_6180.jpg
UTIMG_6293.jpg
UTIMG_6312.jpg
UTIMG_6281.jpg
UTIMG_6357.jpg

Photos taken today, Friday (July 21). Since I last posted last Friday, the tower's forms have gone up one floor, 35th or 36th now, all the scaffolding on the corners of the mechanical floors are gone, the fifth set of hangers were installed on Wednesday and Thursday judging by other postings here, and some more of the ceiling cladding on the ground floor has been installed, with visible cables presumably for signage or lighting.

The photos: after the wide beauty shot, some shots of that new ground-floor ceiling cladding. Then the "notches" as I called them on the corners of the mechanical level, all now scaffold-free. Does anyone know why the SE corner has that diagonal ledge, unlike the other corners? And some views from Bay and Cumberland where, as others here have already posted, we get a pretty good unobstructed view for the upper levels. A final wide shot from near the mall entrance on Yonge.

The latest "time-lapse" photograph for the album of the same name on Flickr Oct 2020-Jul 2023:

View attachment 494018View attachment 494019View attachment 494017View attachment 494016View attachment 494015View attachment 494013View attachment 494012View attachment 494014View attachment 494011
Great shots and observations jer 1961, your work is much appreciated!

Shout out to @Benito

Thank you to the editors for the mention in your article about The One. I have enjoyed posting the photos since construction started. I think my photos are now much less interesting since I can no longer show what is happening up top. Fortunately there are other contributors who have higher vantage points who are now also posting.
Benny

Thank you to the editors for the mention in your article about The One. I have enjoyed posting the photos since construction started. I think my photos are now much less interesting since I can no longer show what is happening up top. Fortunately there are other contributors who have higher vantage points who are now also posting.
Benny
Nah, your updates are still fantastic. There's a lot happening at your eye level and that will continue until the cladding reaches you.

Back