May 1, 2024

IMG_20240501_100104581_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240501_100244893_HDR.jpg

I'd venture it's unlikely that CTBUH has the Receiver here on speed dial ... who knows what's up with the change.

I would expect news of a change back to 85s to show up here at UT (with the best sleuths in the business ;-) before CTBUH. 🙃

So they fought for all that extra height, only to build to what was originally approved anyways?

Some might argue that spending that amount of time/money chasing after permits for few dozen additional $5M units while sales were slow and construction costs were escalating is an example of why they lost control of the building.

They're not the only company to gamble that post-pandemic things would go back to the way they were in 2019. The winners have been very flexible and constantly reevaluating their projects.

Last edited:
Does that mean that it's 100% sure though? Wouldn't the developers announce it? If it's actually back to it's original height I can't say I'm not disappointed but 🤷‍♂️
No announcement yet, but that height is what the new project team is going with for now, and they were at least tacitly comfortable with the Star reporting from what I ascertained. That was enough to change the height on the CTBUH database in tandem with communication from Skygrid. It's a slow-moving project, so perhaps if market conditions improve before topping out, they may revert to the approved height. Nonetheless, they are quietly proceeding with the original height for the time being

No announcement yet, but that height is what the new project team is going with for now, and they were at least tacitly comfortable with the Star reporting from what I ascertained. That was enough to change the height on the CTBUH database in tandem with communication from Skygrid. It's a slow-moving project, so perhaps if market conditions improve before topping out, they may revert to the approved height. Nonetheless, they are quietly proceeding with the original height for the time being
It is what it is I guess

Back