^Really? Thanks for bringing back 12 threads to let us know you like the towers in each one. What a gift to us all..

I've spent a long time (literally months) examining the X beams from underneath the cladding to see if my eyes were playing tricks on me, but I think I've confirmed to myself that beams across the floors on the diagonal axis that form the X are not completely straight. Is this deliberate? Or will the beams eventually be adjusted or work their way in to place down the line?

A few hours ago…

DSC03200.jpg
DSC03201.jpg
DSC03202.jpg
DSC03203.jpg
DSC03204.jpg
DSC03216.jpg
DSC03217.jpg

Attachments

• DSC03200.jpg
    DSC03200.jpg
    626.8 KB · Views: 353
  • DSC03201.jpg
    DSC03201.jpg
    790.8 KB · Views: 406
  • DSC03202.jpg
    DSC03202.jpg
    660.4 KB · Views: 415
  • DSC03203.jpg
    DSC03203.jpg
    284 KB · Views: 366
  • DSC03204.jpg
    DSC03204.jpg
    369.2 KB · Views: 325
  • DSC03216.jpg
    DSC03216.jpg
    334 KB · Views: 370
  • DSC03217.jpg
    DSC03217.jpg
    313.8 KB · Views: 357
Metal frame covered in concrete? I suspect after this it will be a completely concrete build right?

Very cool moment to shoot: old crane holding the boom of the new one so it can be fastened.

Whoa! Very cool!

Why could they not use the existing crane? I notice that the new one is larger, assuming that has something to do with it.

Will both cranes stay up during construction?

Whoa! Very cool!

Why could they not use the existing crane? I notice that the new one is larger, assuming that has something to do with it.

Will both cranes stay up during construction?

Don't need both crane. Yellow one will be gone.

They're at transfer floor between office below and new residential condo tower above. It's like smaller yellow crane was for office tower, newer white crane for residential tower on top. Tridel Hullmark Centre north tower (new office tower on bottom with residential tower on top) used similar 2 crane system.

Larger crane needed for higher floors, but I wonder how it's anchored. It can't just go straight down to foundation as there's occupied office tower below! Is new crane anchored just to transfer floor?

The yellow crane isn't smaller... The yellow one is a much more robust crane with a huge base, meant to lift very heavy steel members into place and based on previous photos was anchored to the existing building and doesn't look like it could climb with the building. The new crane will be a typical tower crane that is most likely anchored on a pad built into the massive concrete transfer floor. My guess is the yellow one will be dismantled and removed by the new tower crane once it's certified.

Is that a transfer slab or just a wall of concrete? Have to say in the right light the exposed diagonal beams look great. Hope they continue the quality upwards! Do we know if its window wall or curtain wall for the residential portion?

It's a slab with a deep perimeter beam. Window Wall for the residential

So will the office building's concrete core support at least some weight of the condo portion or none at all?

Intuitively it seems like it's too much weight on the center of the 'table' of the exoskeleton.

I wish there were structural diagrams available showing how this will work.

Back