IMG_4947.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 560
  • IMG_4948.JPG
    IMG_4948.JPG
    830.4 KB · Views: 459
  • IMG_4952.JPG
    IMG_4952.JPG
    921.6 KB · Views: 493
How does one promote a fire truck red brick and then come up with this? I mean, I don't mind it, but what gives?

Not sure I'd describe the renderings as being fire truck red. Certainly a little brighter than what we're getting but not a stark difference to my eye. I'm sure the recent overcast skies are making it look duller than it is.

Haha, people drooling over this for this for the past 29 pages, now the trash talk starts:D.......either way The Seby is going to look awesome in that neighbourhood

You had to have known it was coming, the life cycle of these threads is so predictable. In fact I remember that several years ago, one of the threads contained a parody of the typical UT building thread., which goes from excitement when the project is first announced and the first rendering is released, to dismay and "this is crap" while it's under construction, to "you know what, it's not that bad after all" after the project is complete.

You had to have known it was coming, the life cycle of these threads is so predictable. In fact I remember that several years ago, one of the threads contained a parody of the typical UT building thread., which goes from excitement when the project is first announced and the first rendering is released, to dismay and "this is crap" while it's under construction, to "you know what, it's not that bad after all" after the project is complete.

Recall @CanadianNational 's Five Stages of Architectural Mania:

1) OMG - that rendering looks fantastic. I can't wait to see this built. This will really help that area. Can they make it taller?
2) This one has been taking way too long. Wait - is that activity on site? No? Damn. This one is really taking too long. Why is it taking so long?
3) Hey! - the concrete is above ground level now it's looking good. It should really take off now. Can't wait to see this one finished.
4) Oh f*&ck - Is that the cladding? It doesn't look anything like the rendering. This is horrible! I can't believe this. F*&king Toronto. What the f*&k are they thinking? I never want to see this building again. (furious ultimatums about proper taste in cladding fly thick and fast, darkening the site).
5) (sigh) Well, altogether, I guess it looks alright. At least it's better than a parking lot.

Last edited:

It's not the people but the projects. Every time they show something bold and end up doing something far more conservative.

This colour is disappointing and people have the right to feel so.

The rendering looks much different than the dull colour we now see. It is still miles above the green glass of half the condos, but still not what the renders show by any means.

How is it 'disappointing'? I like it far more than something brighter and more garish.

People who liked the colour in the rendering find it disappointing.
I am not saying this is better or worse, but obviously the rendering shows a pretty different colour. It turns out quite different, and some people express their frustration, and that's justified.
No need to be so protective all the time.

The rendering looks much different than the dull colour we now see. It is still miles above the green glass of half the condos, but still not what the renders show by any means.

People who liked the colour in the rendering find it disappointing.
I am not saying this is better or worse, but obviously the rendering shows a pretty different colour. It turns out quite different, and some people express their frustration, and that's justified.
No need to be so protective all the time.

I guess you never saw the updated render?

http://www.moddevelopments.com/project/the-selby/

Last edited:

Back