7 August 2010: From Main and Danforth to Keele and Bloor--my marathon walk today.:) Here's how it looks from the Danforth:

dsc01641w.jpg

From last week.

Those top 5 or 6 floors with south views are going to have some of the best views in all of downtown. Even better than the views from the top of Manulife since they'll be able to enjoy looking at Casa just off to their left. :D

DSCN6054.jpg

DSCN6053.jpg

DSCN6052.jpg

I really like urbandreamer's shot. Uptown, Manulife, and crystal are razor thin when compared to casa/x.

And whats even better is 4 of those towers just appeared within the last 3 years :D :D!!!!!. its crazy!

Uptown Residence is rising up!!

This is a photo recently taken of the Uptown Residence rising up in the heart of Yorkville (Bloor St. & Balmuto).

Attachments

• IMG00009-20100812-1744.jpg
    IMG00009-20100812-1744.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 201
PLEASE VOTE "THE HISTORIC HOUSE"

http://nameourcondo.com/entry/95

Thanks for your support!

wtf.
i know you're new but this is definetly the wrong thread.

Try here:
http://urbantoronto.ca/showthread.php?8786-NameOurCondo-(5-7-Esplanade-Castlepoint-31s-Page-Steele)

Steveve - you must live at Ryerson University from that angle?

Its just a rooftop atop a condo at carlton/church. but very close to ryerson. i don't live there.
***Can someone help me to figure out if Four Seasons will be visible from that angle?

Awesome pics Redroom! I didn't even recognize that last shot! i thought i was looking at a beachfront city (miami)! I totally didn't recognize those buildings in the foreground :D! keep it up!

The front of Uptown on Balmuto Street

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

I know I'll get criticized for this... But I don't get the black granite with this building. Don't get me wrong, I love granite... polished granite even more and black is a cool colour, but it just doesn't go with this building. Nor does it go with the rest of the streetwall at the moment. I'm just not getting the look they were going for. If it's an attempt to replicate some sort of faux Art-Deco motif, I'm just not seeing it.

I know I'll get criticized for this... But I don't get the black granite with this building. Don't get me wrong, I love granite... polished granite even more and black is a cool colour, but it just doesn't go with this building. Nor does it go with the rest of the streetwall at the moment. I'm just not getting the look they were going for. If it's an attempt to replicate some sort of faux Art-Deco motif, I'm just not seeing it.

i agree. for me, it doesn't make sense to clad the podium in "jet black" shiny granite, while the rest of the structure is completely white-matte finish. it clashes. something just doesn't quite look right -imo.

From this latest photo, it looks like tar-paper waiting for the finished product to be applied.

From this latest photo, it looks like tar-paper waiting for the finished product to be applied.

The materials are covered in dust and dirt, once cleaned it will look all pretty & shiny.

Back