Progress today on the southeast corner (while the CTV Chopper hovers)...

DSCN5943.jpg

Uptown is looking classy even though the crown is not yet complete! The roof element is looking great on he shape of the building even though it's nowhere near done :D

It's really, really prominent. It stands out from all different angles and is very noticeable, like X is coming down the Danforth. Makes me wonder what the hood will look like from a distance once 1 Bloor and the Four Seasons are built. It will be quite the cluster of 50+ storey buildings.

Baking on Balmutto. Feeling like 45 degrees on Monday afternoon.

Clearly THE hardest working people anywhere close to Yonge and Bloor.

DSCN5990.jpg

DSCN5991.jpg

DSCN5986.jpg

DSCN5984.jpg

DSCN5980.jpg

DSCN5977.jpg

DSCN5976.jpg

DSCN5975.jpg

Great shots Casaguy, thanks. I'm sure this has been discussed way back in the thread before, but it seems strange for the penthouse floors to have the same height as the lower floors. I would have expected 15 foot ceilings or something.

it seems strange for the penthouse floors to have the same height as the lower floors. I would have expected 15 foot ceilings or something.

Looking closely, I think the ceilings of the top two floors are at least one or two feet higher than the floors below.

Looking closely, I think the ceilings of the top two floors are at least one or two feet higher than the floors below.

good eye... now that i look at it a 2nd time i see that the top 2 floors are slightly taller than the ones bellow., I had trouble measuring the heights of the floors.. the penthouse ceilings aren't much higher than the floors below compared to other towers like the Ritz.

Forgive the fuzziness. I don't think it's just my crappy camerawork. The smog is playing a part.

4778652744_0dc0400ef5_b.jpg

Uptown is really throwing it's weight around. This view is from around Davisville. You can also see the Four Seasons rising to the right, and a bit of Casa to the left.

fuziness? ^^^ you're joking right?... i can see as far as lake ontario in that shot :D!

god i just love how different uptown looks from the north! something we dont see everyday :), the design looks very different than the sides!.. i actually prefer the look that uptown has on this view because all the towers (in and around the yonge/bloor area) are lined up perfectly! it looks awesome especially with the financial district in the background! you can sorta get an idea of how awesome the views are from all those 5 towers are (including casa)

once again, brilliant shot parkadalian! i can't wait to see this view once four seasons is built :D

^Thanks steveve! Your enthusiasm is always appreciated. It is fuzzy, but I loved the view so much I had to post it. I just noticed - you can also see a squidge of the TD centre in there!

Back