Yes, the windows do not have to be blocked but I still see NO reason why being able to see inside a store selling weed is somehow worse than seeing inside a store selling beer, wine or gin!
Or Little Debbie bakery items. What over-processed junk. That stuff'll kill you.

Yes, the windows do not have to be blocked but I still see NO reason why being able to see inside a store selling weed is somehow worse than seeing inside a store selling beer, wine or gin!
It's all optics and illusions. Many people associate (rightly or wrongly) that marijuana has a severe long-term adverse effect on the human mind/body, and as a result of that it is associated with X . On the other hand there is the misconception that alcohol in moderation is ok and is only adverse if it is over consumed (meanwhile really it's a Class 1 carcinogen on the same level as cigarettes and asbestos).

Also, liquids will always look more visually appealing on a storefront compared to cigarettes and the like no matter how you try and package it.

Most LCBOs have pretty visually unappealing storefronts, and don't even get me started with the Beer Store.
I really don't see the problem...
1643056307749.png

I was hoping for a "Time Out Market" like the one in Montreal at their Eaton Centre, especially when it was announced that The Well was aiming for new retail and food experiences in Toronto. Time Out is pricey but worth it once in a while, IMO. Oh, well.

I was hoping for a "Time Out Market" like the one in Montreal at their Eaton Centre, especially when it was announced that The Well was aiming for new retail and food experiences in Toronto. Time Out is pricey but worth it once in a while, IMO. Oh, well.
Maybe it's too close to the food hall at Waterworks Building and they decided to scrap the food hall concept.

Maybe it's too close to the food hall at Waterworks Building and they decided to scrap the food hall concept.
I think Toronto's big enough to support many food halls. Maybe Time Out has an exclusive deal with Cadillac Fairview, seeing as they're in Montreal's Eaton Centre, and CF wouldn't allow one at The Well.

Edit: Montreal's Eaton Centre is owned by Ivanhoé Cambridge so I don't know if CF was involved in preventing a Time Out from opening at The Well. Is there a corporate relationship between CF and IC?

I think Toronto's big enough to support many food halls. Maybe Time Out has an exclusive deal with Cadillac Fairview, seeing as they're in Montreal's Eaton Centre, and CF wouldn't allow one at The Well.

Edit: Montreal's Eaton Centre is owned by Ivanhoé Cambridge so I don't know if CF was involved in preventing a Time Out from opening at The Well. Is there a corporate relationship between CF and IC?
Toronto is definitely big enough to support multiple food halls, but the Well is very close to the Waterworks Building (about 6 minutes walk). Anyway, it's just my speculation.

Toronto is definitely big enough to support multiple food halls, but the Well is very close to the Waterworks Building (about 6 minutes walk). Anyway, it's just my speculation.
I kind of feel like the Well is going to become a bit more of a "mainstream" destination frequented by a lot of people in Cityplace (at least just based on the tenants they're lining up). Waterworks on the other hand feels like it might be able to pull off selling itself as a 'cooler' alternative and draw from the Queen West/Kind West crowd a bit more. This of course depends on the O&B tenants they line up as well.

Are we sure they decided to scrap the food hall concept and go with more of a food court plan like what we would find in a mall?
I was under the impression it would look something like the rendering attached.

9439-108571.jpeg

It's all optics and illusions. Many people associate (rightly or wrongly) that marijuana has a severe long-term adverse effect on the human mind/body, and as a result of that it is associated with X . On the other hand there is the misconception that alcohol in moderation is ok and is only adverse if it is over consumed (meanwhile really it's a Class 1 carcinogen on the same level as cigarettes and asbestos).

Also, liquids will always look more visually appealing on a storefront compared to cigarettes and the like no matter how you try and package it.
Plenty of liquids at Tokyo Smoke 👍

The irony is that the rules intented to keep cannabis products out of the public eye have made cannabis stores stand out even more.

Plenty of liquids at Tokyo Smoke 👍

The irony is that the rules intented to keep cannabis products out of the public eye have made cannabis stores stand out even more.

Even more ironic is that they called it Tokyo Smoke. Japan is a country where cannabis consumption is quite universally condemned. It's akin to naming a fast food chain Islam Pork.

Back