At the very least the Well's quality of architecture is certainly better. Siam Paragon just looks like a typical Asian megamall... Kind of bland. However, I know the draw is the shopping experience and not the architecture per se.

At the very least the Well's quality of architecture is certainly better. Siam Paragon just looks like a typical Asian megamall... Kind of bland. However, I know the draw is the shopping experience and not the architecture per se.
Icon Siam is great architecture, great restaurants, great materials, great art work and water features inside and outside and great shopping. Siam Paragon (it's owned by the same company) is a high end mall but not in the same league on all counts as Icon. The Well is great architecture and great materials but no comparison to Icon Siam.

Icon Siam is great architecture, great restaurants, great materials, great art work and water features inside and outside and great shopping. Siam Paragon (it's owned by the same company) is a high end mall but not in the same league on all counts as Icon. The Well is great architecture and great materials but no comparison to Icon Siam.
The main atrium of the Icon is certainly impressive, definitely "grander" than the Well's principle retail space, although I find myself giving the edge to the Well aesthetically. The terracotta, the red brick, even the tower design. I prefer the arcade style of the Well's retail space as well. Granted it's all a very apples to oranges comparison, and I'd agree Icon is a more high end space.

Site visit October 21, 2022

1666841883543.png
1666841923321.png
1666841966673.png
1666842046862.png

and laying off staff left, right and, centre after a terrible year. Maybe this will end up on the sublet market.

My employer did that in 2003. Planned for an expansion then started layoffs instead of hiring.

Ended up with 8 of us in a ~10,000sqft space (190 York) with most of the company on another floor. Soccer during lunch was fun in the empty wing.

Last edited:
Ah ok. So here's a funny story. Waaaaaayyyyyy back on December 8th 2011 when I became a member of this forum I was confronted with choosing a username. I hate this part of signing up on forums and I had tried a few others but they were already taken. The 80s tune One Night in Bangkok played on the radio and I just picked Bangkok not really expecting to be using it. I never liked it but just kept using it. I'm probably going to change it to my name or something like that and will be known as the user formerly known as Bangkok.

I'm not thai, nor have I lived there but I have been to Bangkok. It was one month before the Siam Paragon opened so I never really got to see it.
Since you won the inaugural Jasonzed Photography Award, now would be the best time to choose a new name.

Ah ok. So here's a funny story. Waaaaaayyyyyy back on December 8th 2011 when I became a member of this forum I was confronted with choosing a username. I hate this part of signing up on forums and I had tried a few others but they were already taken. The 80s tune One Night in Bangkok played on the radio and I just picked Bangkok not really expecting to be using it. I never liked it but just kept using it. I'm probably going to change it to my name or something like that and will be known as the user formerly known as Bangkok.

I'm not thai, nor have I lived there but I have been to Bangkok. It was one month before the Siam Paragon opened so I never really got to see it.
Nice one - I love "One Night in Bangkok"! Not sure why there are so many UTers who know about Bangkok (Siam Paragon/Icon Siam). My avatar is also a building in Bangkok, but I'm not Thai either, and have actually never seen that building in person, as it was unbuilt the last time I was in Bangkok.

Since you won the inaugural Jasonzed Photography Award, now would be the best time to choose a new name.
I'm awaiting approval from the site mods to change it to "Tim MacDonald"

Back