Took the 510 down to the Well yesterday - despite the streetcar's slow trundle, stepping off with the nice pavers and architecture in the background is a lovely, novel type of Toronto urbanity.

Rekindled my desire for an extension of the Well's concept to the other side of Spadina:

View attachment 530129

Came on here to check if there were plans for the property...oof, 400 Front. I guess they can't all be winners
looks good

Last edited:
Took the 510 down to the Well yesterday - despite the streetcar's slow trundle, stepping off with the nice pavers and architecture in the background is a lovely, novel type of Toronto urbanity.

Rekindled my desire for an extension of the Well's concept to the other side of Spadina:

View attachment 530129

Came on here to check if there were plans for the property...oof, 400 Front. I guess they can't all be winners
...yeah, it's a Kirkor jankyland..where value engineering and cost effective materials are deeply ingrained philosophies for that project, I thinks. As long as residents pay the marked up prices, there will be likely little care or interests for things like ergonomic right-of-ways, public amenities and/or pleasing aesthetics. /sigh

I met up with some friends at The Well today and had time to really explore every nook and corner. There’s a glaring problem: the only escalators are on the Spadina end, so when you’re by Arcadia Earth (opposite end) and want to go to Indigo (directly below), you either have to take the elevators (wait time not as quick as you’d expect for 2 elevators serving only 3 floors), walk back to the escalators and then basically retrace your steps on the first floor to Indigo, or take the fire stairwell across from the elevators (probably the quickest way, but it’s not pretty). They should have added escalators at the rear end of the building or at least a decent stairway like the ones from the first floor to the basement (future Wellington Market).

I met up with some friends at The Well today and had time to really explore every nook and corner. There’s a glaring problem: the only escalators are on the Spadina end, so when you’re by Arcadia Earth (opposite end) and want to go to Indigo (directly below), you either have to take the elevators (wait time not as quick as you’d expect for 2 elevators serving only 3 floors), walk back to the escalators and then basically retrace your steps on the first floor to Indigo, or take the fire stairwell across from the elevators (probably the quickest way, but it’s not pretty). They should have added escalators at the rear end of the building or at least a decent stairway like the ones from the first floor to the basement (future Wellington Market).
While it's a problem now, it's a small issue and will be resolved when the wellington market opens in the spring. theres multiple escalators there to the 3rd floor there

While it's a problem now, it's a small issue and will be resolved when the wellington market opens in the spring. theres multiple escalators there to the 3rd floor there
There is also an escalator on the north side adjacent to one of the residential buildings that is still being worked on.

The 3rd floor? You mean the second floor? Wellington Market is in the basement.
2nd floor sure because the market is called "lower ground floor". I consider that the 3rd floor
Nope there will be an escalator right beside sweat and tonic on the 3rd floor going down to the 2nd which should connect to the 1st, ill get some pictures soon, but i do believe all floors connect here
1703914962829.png

2nd floor sure because the market is called "lower ground floor". I consider that the 3rd floor
Nope there will be an escalator right beside sweat and tonic on the 3rd floor going down to the 2nd which should connect to the 1st, ill get some pictures soon, but i do believe all floors connect here
View attachment 530326
There’s some scaffolding near the Sweat& Tonic entrance on the ‘Terrace Level’ (2nd/3rd floor, whatever you want to call it). I didn’t look closely, but the escalators must be behind the scaffolding. Wellington Market of course is still hidden behind hoardings.

Back