this is an absolute atrocity. they had to ruin a brand new beautiful brick pedestrian walkway with this is horrendous asphaltView attachment 565988View attachment 565989
What did they do with the existing brick, chuck it? Sweet jesus, this is bad. Can't have nice things. Agree that the city needs to change their policies on this!! Maybe we all with UT can get another news story out and "push" Mayor Chow to get on this change. Add to this, enforcing and fining when they don't replace it well/with the same materials. You could probably hire someone specifically for this and have them paid just in the fines alone.

Not just for here, but for the other 1000's of brand new sidewalks and roads torn up. King and Blue Jays Way is another one that comes to mind and I think the sidewalk was only a month or two old and they ashphalted half of the corner.

IMG_5584.jpeg
IMG_5582.jpeg

May 26 2024

From my afternoon walk yesterday. Although I love the architecture, this place has a long way to go from a retail vibrancy point of view. I also found the access between levels very cumbersome, had to take elevators.

IMG_6360.jpeg
IMG_6359.jpeg
IMG_6358.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_6358.jpeg
    IMG_6358.jpeg
    419.8 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_6359.jpeg
    IMG_6359.jpeg
    381 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_6360.jpeg
    IMG_6360.jpeg
    443.5 KB · Views: 16
Last edited by a moderator:
From my afternoon walk yesterday. Although I love the architecture, this place has a long way to go from a retail vibrancy point of view. I also found the access between levels very cumbersome, had to take elevators.
The Food Hall Market thing has always been their staple and it hasn't opened yet so we shall see what happens
Two sets of escalators are still under construction and I think opening soon so that will help alot

A few thoughts from me.
- no cell service down there wifi only. Not sure if i missed something but the public "the well guest" wifi wasnt showing up on my phone, only the lobster burger place's wifi was open.
- theres definitely a few favourites already. The lobster burger, fish and chips, Sezuan place. All with long lines
- I had the lobster burger was really good and actually a good price for it at 13$
- I like the fresh foods mart. It stocked alot more than what i thought. it uses the space very well. Didnt check the prices though. I remember when we were talking about a grocery store here. This does enough that you probably arent going to farm boy too often
- Snakes and lattes, theyre more like just "snakes" as they arent doing beverages. 2hr game rentals only. Kinda makes sense and not a bad idea, though. They didnt look like they had the biggest selection of games like their other locations do
- Theres a whole section theits not open yet. like another 10 places. Plus a fried chicken place coming this summer
- the summer patio seating in the spine is also really cool, In the winter it can be sealed up to be toasty warm, but in the summer is when this place will shine.

Looking at the hours, everyone closes at 7pm. Little too early, even the bar closes at 7 all days except friday at 10pm
Kinda dissapointing, they really should be open later.

Overall really impressed, the vibes are pretty cool, I can see this as the destination and the place to be downtown

No pix. Went at about 11:30 today with a friend and it was super busy! Do not go around noon! Lol This was well planned as the food that I had (Hooky’s) was very good and the hardest part was deciding what to have. The perimeter is really porous so no claustrophobic feeling and it does have a traditional market feel (a bit.)

The dog people have found this place as every second person had a dog stroller but all pets were well-behaved and calm. This place will be constantly busy as they have residents, office workers, multiple sports attendees, foodies, adjacent event centre peeps and all sorts of tourists.

Ok I did make a reel! Lol

Last edited:

Back