IMG_5992.jpeg
IMG_5993.jpeg
IMG_5994.jpeg
IMG_5995.jpeg
IMG_5996.jpeg
IMG_5997.jpeg
IMG_5998.jpeg
IMG_6001.jpeg

It's turning out marvellously from a design standpoint. I worry, though, that the retail will struggle without a strong anchor store. The location doesn't seem strong enough in terms of transit connections and pedestrian traffic to host anything more than neighbourhood retail or 9-5 retail aimed at office workers (PATH style).

Two updates with photos below. First, the courtyard entrance way to the RioCan Living rental building (Building 6, south east corner on Front Street, next to the office tower) and the largest of the Tridel condominium buildings (Building 5 - middle residential building on Front Street), is basically complete. Photos show the entrance to the courtyard, a more complete view of the courtyard itself looking west towards the lobby of the Tridel building, and then looking east towards the lobby of the RioCan Living rental building. Move-ins for the rental building start on August 1.

The good news is that there appears to be lots of off-road space for meal delivery couriers and Uber / Lyft pick up and drop off vehicles.

20230723_172243.jpg

20230723_172311.jpg

20230723_172402.jpg

Second update - from Saturday. Final removal of the outside construction hoist (and some other miscellaneous equipment) from Building 4 - the Front Street Tridel condominium tower at the south-west corner of The Well site.

20230722_172559.jpg

20230722_172610.jpg
20230722_172818.jpg

Attachments

• 20230722_172821.jpg
    20230722_172821.jpg
    276.6 KB · Views: 45
It's turning out marvellously from a design standpoint. I worry, though, that the retail will struggle without a strong anchor store. The location doesn't seem strong enough in terms of transit connections and pedestrian traffic to host anything more than neighbourhood retail or 9-5 retail aimed at office workers (PATH style).

I’ve said it many times before, but a Pret would be perfect at this location (especially since they’re not doing so well inside an A&W)

I’ve said it many times before, but a Pret would be perfect at this location (especially since they’re not doing so well inside an A&W)
Really not sure why some folk have a Pret obsession. Pret in UK are fairly decent with a reasonably wide selection of decent freshly made food. I have not explored many here but have found small selections of average food, and none too fresh either! Though I love the Well architecture, not sure they can, at the moment, support a cafe with lots of fresh food but .....

Really not sure why some folk have a Pret obsession. Pret in UK are fairly decent with a reasonably wide selection of decent freshly made food. I have not explored many here but have found small selections of average food, and none too fresh either! Though I love the Well architecture, not sure they can, at the moment, support a cafe with lots of fresh food but .....

I think the Well has a very British feel to it, so a Pret would really help with the immersion

Does anyone know if they will redo the north side Wellington sidewalk to match the south?
I doubt it, the north side has a fairly wide boulevard and in-ground planters. The south side work was part of The Well development (and paid for by them). The north side is not bad, and would be better if better maintained! It does not have to match the south side and probably could not due to the different property lines..

Two updates with photos below. First, the courtyard entrance way to the RioCan Living rental building (Building 6, south east corner on Front Street, next to the office tower) and the largest of the Tridel condominium buildings (Building 5 - middle residential building on Front Street), is basically complete. Photos show the entrance to the courtyard, a more complete view of the courtyard itself looking west towards the lobby of the Tridel building, and then looking east towards the lobby of the RioCan Living rental building. Move-ins for the rental building start on August 1.

The good news is that there appears to be lots of off-road space for meal delivery couriers and Uber / Lyft pick up and drop off vehicles.

View attachment 494452

View attachment 494453
They need bollards to protect the terracotta on the columns from someone backing or crashing into them.

Back