E9FC607E-CFAD-4F0C-BB2A-120910112EEB.jpeg

79285E9F-3839-4654-A438-09B82C808A58.jpeg

4825C868-B7FF-4BB9-8915-33A3B97C7797.jpeg

425E2732-1CF4-4A4B-9B9F-639B29B6D1A4.jpeg

7AB40CF3-6C84-4ACD-878E-10E17DDCE393.jpeg

3DD158B4-95E6-4707-AC17-9B9AA0A2AE7E.jpeg

5330D6ED-021E-4B3E-A684-5192ADF7F6EE_1_201_a.jpeg

70DBC102-38A0-4433-9FEB-4D26E460B418_1_201_a.jpeg

I walked through the future retail area today, and it looks really nice. I also got a tour of the law firm on the top two floors (under the O&B restaurants) and it's spectacular. Amazing views, great light quality through the windows.

And I found this funny in the lobby.

IMG_0321.jpeg

Excerpts from the Globe & Mail article on Indigo's revitalisation efforts (article paywalled), giving a preview of the Indigo store opening at The Well next month:

When Indigo Books & Music Inc. opens the doors to its forthcoming location in downtown Toronto’s Well building this September, shoppers will immediately realize the space is more than a bookstore.

A blue Citroën truck dating back to the 1950s will sit by the entrance serving pastries, coffee, beer and wine. There will be nooks dedicated to home fragrances, plants and popular Japanese graphic novels known as Manga.

A listening booth will offer up stacks of records to buy and a jukebox to sample jams, and other areas will be abuzz with 1980s pinball and Pac-Man machines for gamers.

The 16,000 square-foot store – the first using the retailer’s new urban concept – will be a play on the company’s long-held strategy of blending books with lifestyle products, but for chief executive Peter Ruis, it will also be a test.

Full article: https://www.theglobeandmail.com/bus...-store-concept-will-win-back-customers-after/

Excerpts from the Globe & Mail article on Indigo's revitalisation efforts (article paywalled), giving a preview of the Indigo store opening at The Well next month:

When Indigo Books & Music Inc. opens the doors to its forthcoming location in downtown Toronto’s Well building this September, shoppers will immediately realize the space is more than a bookstore.

A blue Citroën truck dating back to the 1950s will sit by the entrance serving pastries, coffee, beer and wine. There will be nooks dedicated to home fragrances, plants and popular Japanese graphic novels known as Manga.

A listening booth will offer up stacks of records to buy and a jukebox to sample jams, and other areas will be abuzz with 1980s pinball and Pac-Man machines for gamers.

The 16,000 square-foot store – the first using the retailer’s new urban concept – will be a play on the company’s long-held strategy of blending books with lifestyle products, but for chief executive Peter Ruis, it will also be a test.

Full article: https://www.theglobeandmail.com/bus...-store-concept-will-win-back-customers-after/
When the Longo's on King by Liberty Village opened a few years back, they had a cute blue truck from the 50's inside serving coffee (until it was eventually replaced by a Starbucks - ugh). I'm assuming it's the same company.

When the Longo's on King by Liberty Village opened a few years back, they had a cute blue truck from the 50's inside serving coffee (until it was eventually replaced by a Starbucks - ugh). I'm assuming it's the same company.

I’ve also seen a vintage blue truck in the lobby of Metro Hall, not sure if it’s an actual retail store though

There also used to be one at the Yorkville Ave entrance to Yorkville Village, until they closed off that entrance. The coffee place is still in the mall, but now it's a stand sans the truck.

The residential components of The Well held a welcoming reception yesterday evening for new residents in the lower level courtyard area between the centre and west most buildings. Followed by a photo of the entry way and lobby of the south-west corner Tridel residential condominium building - civic address 480 Front Street West.

20230831_175424.jpg

20230831_181136.jpg

Last edited:
Great pics, everyone!

Very unrelated: I went to the Well a few weeks ago, and I decided to use one of the elevators. And well, there was a gentleman sitting in the elevator. He was sitting on a lawn chair in the elevator, and he had his phone connected to the elevator. I guess he was charging his phone ... in the elevator? He probably assumed it was a good idea because so few people would use the elevator. I was just very confused.

Great pics, everyone!

Very unrelated: I went to the Well a few weeks ago, and I decided to use one of the elevators. And well, there was a gentleman sitting in the elevator. He was sitting on a lawn chair in the elevator, and he had his phone connected to the elevator. I guess he was charging his phone ... in the elevator? He probably assumed it was a good idea because so few people would use the elevator. I was just very confused.
I also experienced the same thing a few weeks ago, too. The guy seemed to work there, so I asked where I could find the public/universal washrooms — he didn’t know.

I looked all around since there are signs stating there are washrooms at both the east and west ends of the project, but I had no luck finding anything.

I also experienced the same thing a few weeks ago, too. The guy seemed to work there, so I asked where I could find the public/universal washrooms — he didn’t know.

I looked all around since there are signs stating there are washrooms at both the east and west ends of the project, but I had no luck finding anything.
I had the same problem. The only washroom I could find was in the office tower above the coffee shop. (Very nice, but hard to find!)

Back