This place is just asking for a nice drone flythrough video.
20231115_170259.jpg
IMG-20231115-WA0001.jpeg

November 15, and quite the evening at The Well. Some photos follow, but first a few comments. Returning home from some banking, decided to walk through The Well to see how preparations for the various store openings and Friday opening ceremonies were going. A large event was taking place in the main office building lobby, complete with camera crews filming. From what I was able to find out, a combination of media launch event / thank - you party for individuals who had been involved in the development and construction of The Well. Spoke with one person who was about to enter the reception, turned out to be Mary Wiens of CBC Metro morning. Just as she was entering the reception, the RioCan Chairman, Ed Sonshine, one of the key principals behind The Well's development, came out of the lobby.

After heading home for dinner, returned to see (with my wife) whether there were still any ongoing activities and this time to get some photos. The main activities had now moved to the Lower Ground main plaza level, photos follow. Walking through the concourse, we bumped into Craig White (Urbantoroto's i42) - so hoping to scoop him on this. Pretty sure there will be a more detailed write-up to follow from him.

Some photos from this evening (not of the main event though unfortunately):

1000002408.jpg

1000002407.jpg

1000002412.jpg

1000002409.jpg

1000002413.jpg

1000002410.jpg

1000002406.jpg

Always w/the people rushing! LOL............ Great pics; but later in time than my own, and I was there this afternoon!

Before photos...............

@Johnny Au got us all excited to try Prince Street Pizza, so I kept my options open when I headed down to the area around 1pm'ish...........

There was a line........but it didn't appear overly long........(about 12 minutes)............so I decided to give it a shot.

I had prioritized the Spicy Spring slice for my sample..........since @tstormers suggested it wasn't completely wimpy........
But they were out of that when I got to the counter.........only a 5 minute wait for more...........but I opted to go w/my second choice, the meatlovers.
Was it good? Yes;. was it great? Ummmm.........no.
Crust (good, crispy bottom, fluffy interior, but a bit thick for my taste); sauce (decent, but not spicy); lots of dry-cured pepperoni, and oven-roasted sausage, along w/moderate mozza and a sprinkling of pecorino.
Definitely above average; Not the best crust I've had, but a solid 'A'' Decent sauce, I would have liked more oomph; pepperoni quality and density A+; but sausage........uhhh......uhhh.....would have been nice if it tasted like something.
PS, talking to staff; there is already an understanding that the sausage does not work, and change is coming.

I would go back, to try the spicy offering I didn't get to try...............I would gladly eat the meatlovers slice again, and not feel fleeced, even at $7 and change per slice post-tax.

But I wouldn't go out of my way for it either................

I do hope the Spicy one is more enticing and better lives up to the hype.

Now UT....I couldn't drone on about a food review in the Buildings section w/o some other news, in addition to photos..............

LOL

Patio seating of some description is coming...............

One more review before the pics.................I popped in to Indigo............. yay, there are no plants! But.....man that's a small 16,000ft2........it's not well laid out.. Apparently there are 40,000 titles there..........which....could be worse.........
But leaves me lamenting the era of 150,000 titles at World's Biggest Bookstore............

Now a few pics, LOL

First, the continuation of some work noted by @AHK

DSC02843.jpg

DSC02844.jpg

Now some interior shots, including some Christmas deco:

DSC02845.jpg

DSC02846.jpg

^^^ you might not know these were taken mid-afternoon in sunny conditions.............if I didn't tell ya

DSC02847.jpg

DSC02847.jpg

DSC02848.jpg

DSC02849.jpg

Now a couple from Wellington:

DSC02854.jpg

DSC02855.jpg

Last edited:
Always w/the people rushing! LOL............ Great pics; but later in time than my own, and I was there this afternoon!

Before photos...............

@Johnny Au got us all excited to try Prince Street Pizza, so I kept my options open when I headed down to the area around 1pm'ish...........

There was a line........but it didn't appear overly long........(about 12 minutes)............so I decided to give it a shot.

I had prioritized the Spicy Spring slice for my sample..........since @tstormers suggested it wasn't completely wimpy........
But they were out of that when I got to the counter.........only a 5 minute wait for more...........but I opted to go w/my second choice, the meatlovers.
Was it good? Yes;. was it great? Ummmm.........no.
Crust (good, crispy bottom, fluffy interior, but a bit thick for my taste); sauce (decent, but not spicy); lots of dry-cured pepperoni, and oven-roasted sausage, along w/moderate mozza and a sprinkling of pecorino.
Definitely above average; Not the best crust I've had, but a solid 'A'' Decent sauce, I would have liked more oomph; pepperoni quality and density A+; but sausage........uhhh......uhhh.....would have been nice if it tasted like something.
PS, talking to staff; there is already an understanding that the sausage does not work, and change is coming.

I would go back, to try the spicy offering I didn't get to try...............I would gladly eat the meatlovers slice again, and not feel fleeced, even at $7 and change per slice post-tax.

But I wouldn't go out of my way for it either................

I do hope the Spicy one is more enticing and better lives up to the hype.

Now UT....I couldn't drone on about a food review in the Buildings section w/o some other news, in addition to photos..............

LOL

Patio seating of some description is coming...............

One more review before the pics.................I popped in to Indigo............. yay, there are no plants! But.....man that's a small 16,000ft2........its not well laid out.. Apparently there are 40,000 titles there..........which....could be worse.........
But leave me lamenting the era of 150,000 titles at World's Biggest Bookstore............

Not a few pics, LOL

First, the continuation of some work noted by @AHK

View attachment 520517

View attachment 520518

Now some interior shots, including some Christmas deco:

View attachment 520519

View attachment 520520

^^^ you might not know these were taken mid-afternoon in sunny conditions.............if I didn't tell ya

View attachment 520521

View attachment 520521

View attachment 520522

View attachment 520523

Now a couple from Wellington:

View attachment 520524

View attachment 520525

You will definitely like the Spicy Spring over the meatlovers.

...er, I'm more wondering are they planning to leave those human baubles hanging there over the Season? I hope someone's paying them well. 🙀

Very nice looking architecture, so I get why all the hype here...but for a pizza place and a few other eateries a Shoppers Drug Mart some banks, medical clinic and a book store?...wah wah ...wah

Very nice looking architecture, so I get why all the hype here...but for a pizza place and a few other eateries a Shoppers Drug Mart some banks, medical clinic and a book store?...wah wah ...wah
There is also an adidas store and another shoe store.. with furniture stores and other things coming

Absolutley wonderful project, does Toronto have anything else that even compares to this even somewhat, I would have to think not.
I hope this sets the bar high now for other developers to follow because this place is almost shocking to see in Toronto.
With this project and many other's like, Mirvish Village, Lower Don Lands, St.Lawrence, Distillery and eventually East Harbour Toronto finally seems like they are getting there act together, now if they could just spruce up The Esplanade then we would have a nice completed area.

throwback thursday to February 2017 for groundbreaking.

Back