Front Street west of Spadina is in desperate need of an overhaul. I hope that with the plans to build a GO station there the whole street can get redone and made more pedestrian friendly and visually appealing.
I agree. The north side to Draper has been gussied up and just needs some trees planted. Also I imagine that there will be some reconstruction along the Portland Commons frontage as well as a few patios! Though piecemeal this is a great start and provides a template that seems to be influencing the initial railway deck plans.

Front Street west of Spadina is in desperate need of an overhaul. I hope that with the plans to build a GO station there the whole street can get redone and made more pedestrian friendly and visually appealing.
As long as one side of the street is train tracks in a trench there is nothing that can be done to make it look more appealing.
Only until they deck the train tracks with a park and condos will front street feel more urban and less like a wasteland

I think that it is wet. Btw there is a radiant heating system under the floor to reduce water buildup.

As long as one side of the street is train tracks in a trench there is nothing that can be done to make it look more appealing.
Only until they deck the train tracks with a park and condos will front street feel more urban and less like a wasteland

they could remove a car lane and build a sidewalk, bikelane, wall to the train tracks

Now I get the skating rink! It is meant to be used to create videos for IG! Lol Two people filming themselves while skating! Sweat and Tonic getting close to opening. Taken 5 December.

IMG_5580.jpeg

IMG_5581.jpeg
IMG_5584.jpeg
IMG_5579.jpeg
IMG_5576.jpeg
IMG_5577.jpeg
IMG_5578.jpeg
IMG_5575.jpeg

...keeping the ideas of bathroom laws at bay one sign at a time. <3

Karen is going to be furious! LolView attachment 524913
Wait till Karens learn of the "family washroom!"

After all, the religious right loves to use the word "family" to refer to anything that conforms to their belief that a cis-heterosexual nuclear family is the only moral family, yet family washrooms are universal washrooms with baby diaper changing stations.

I wonder when someone is going to make a cool drone video of the Well’s atrium?!

Karen is going to be furious! LolView attachment 524913
All gender bathrooms are not ideal for all situations. Try making stadiums with only those and see how long the lines are for everyone to use the bathroom. When a lot of drinking is involved, it's always better to use some space for urinals and let people through faster. And having used all gender bathrooms, I would not want to use them as a woman having to sit on clearly wet seats. No thanks. Everyone should be able to use the bathroom for whatever gender they identify with but it doesn't mean we need to remove gender from everything and change our infrastructure.

Back