Have to give it to RioCan's events team here. Lots of great events to attract traffic: free Tuesday Salsa, free Live Music, Artisan market place, Fashion Shows, wine lounge etc.
Summer they have to host event...now the million dollar question is: "can they host free events in the winter time"?

Screen Shot 2024-08-28 at 6.48.41 PM.png

Just came across this application for a restaurant called, BOHCA. Not sure if that's an acronym for a previously announced restaurant.

These are externally uploaded, allowing it to bypass the limit of 15 photos uploaded directly per post.
Thanks. For me, the main limiting factor would be the file size, as files that are uploaded cannot exceed a certain size, and are automatically downscaled to 1280 pixels in the long dimension.

As for this project, aside from the office tower, which I find could have a more cohesive design, I find this project to be well-designed and implemented, no pun intended. Here are a few photos I took back in May of The Well:
20240519_161606 copy.jpg

20240519_162623.jpeg

20240519_163022 copy.jpg

20240519_165223 copy.jpg

20240519_165500.jpeg

Crikey! That easterly view ^ along iceboat terrace is quite something!
In terms of place-marking we have the iconic CN Tower and the becoming-iconic The Well, and the CIBC building will make a spectacular perspective point/ view end-stopper (whatever the technical term is).
BUT, the space looks so unloved and unswept and is completed with the ubiquitous plastic wheelie bins, mindless tagging and weeds. It will be nicer once the trees grow in a bit but it doesn't have much going for it now in terms of civic pride.
It basically sums up the current state of the city - some world-class buildings and a lot of big-time neglect.

Crikey! That easterly view ^ along iceboat terrace is quite something!
In terms of place-marking we have the iconic CN Tower and the becoming-iconic The Well, and the CIBC building will make a spectacular perspective point/ view end-stopper (whatever the technical term is).
BUT, the space looks so unloved and unswept and is completed with the ubiquitous plastic wheelie bins, mindless tagging and weeds. It will be nicer once the trees grow in a bit but it doesn't have much going for it now in terms of civic pride.
It basically sums up the current state of the city - some world-class buildings and a lot of big-time neglect.
For my fourth photo (which is what I assume you are referring to), the technical term is "terminating vista". Admittedly, I have to agree that public spaces in the city could be a lot nicer. There is a thread for that:

Back