There are horizontally laid panes of glass running side to side that make ledges in many areas if you look closely.
There are horizontally laid panes of glass running side to side that make ledges in many areas if you look closely.

You're right(!) I just noticed them. Really sharp looking podium. But how will they prevent pigeons from making a mess of some of the accessible glass ledges? If they use those metal spikey thingies, it will detract from the sleekness. They will have to maintain a good cleaning schedule (power washing?) Unless they can apply some kind of very slippery transparent coating that would prevent pigeons from landing in the first place(?) I'd hate to see bird messes on such a beautiful podium facade.

Does anybody know how the interior is progressing? It would be a shame to miss out on TIFF next month. The exterior looks like it can be finished in time.
I suspect it will be several more months.

Kinky boots: Winner! Best Musical.
Theatre Park: Winner! Best Podium.
Those angular glass panes are almost an art installation themselves. Each pane is a reflection of the interesting buildings to their south, especially RTH. Stunning.

Great photo updates tonight, Marcus!

A friend has just sent me this pic of the latest, and said this about the amenities:

The pool and the rest of the 6th floor amenities just need sign off from the inspector

PhilHamPool20150820.jpg

Attachments

• PhilHamPool20150820.jpg
    PhilHamPool20150820.jpg
    440.8 KB · Views: 1,038
I can't see that they will. It's BJL developments. One is supposed to think of exposed concrete in new condo developments as totally awesome sauce.

Agreed, especially in light like the above.

Why spend so much glazing this beauty, just to skimp out on the littlest, most conspicuous bit? The rest of the glass is ace! They spared relative pennies and ended up with an ugly crown right out of the gate. Screams cheap, no matter how sexy the facade is looking.

Back