Looks like an interesting design, kind of typical for an aA project. Those angled bars on the west side of the building will create some awkward window coverings though, particularly at points where 2 or even 3 of them converge..

3277478340_e7e44406be.jpg

It's John Hancock gone berserk! Cool! Bring on the awkward windows!

While I think that it is a problematic location for a tower that size, I do really like that design very much.

Looks like an interesting design, kind of typical for an aA project. Those angled bars on the west side of the building will create some awkward window coverings though, particularly at points where 2 or even 3 of them converge..

From the renderings, the angled bars look more like ornamental features than structural that are on the outside wall of the balconies so it should not after the window coverings on the inside.

You can see glass covered balconies along the perimeter of the tower; and the bars along the south wall look like the underside and base of the balconies.

Someone referred to BJL in this thread. Did he buy this site?

Great slim and tall design,Im surprised they did not tack an extra 10 stories considering it is close by the 65 storey Shangra-La and directly north of a couple of give or take 200 meter skyscrapers.
Judging by this pic it would still be built in an area before the city requires tapering off heights of buildings towards the west.

2757986904_9df9d0c154_b1.jpg

Last edited:
Another trademark anorexic wraparound point tower from aA - eventually they'll punctuate our skyline like the spires of Wren churches. The rubber band effect is quite charming - a nice tweak on the diagonal theme they've been playing with of late. And I spy some Regent Park condo piloti, too.

I like the design as well. I am curious as to why it is set back so far from the street?

Back