We walked through the courtyard a few times on the weekend, and the finish on the stones is just laughably bad.

Are those benches getting any finishing?
It's Pemberton project so probably not! I walked along The Esplanade yesterday and realised that the ground floor apartments facing south have HUGE windows into kitchens and (tiny) bedrooms - I would certainly not want to live in one of them. Too reminiscent of the 'Red Windows" of Amsterdam!

1700493836222.png

It's Pemberton project so probably not! I walked along The Esplanade yesterday and realised that the ground floor apartments facing south have HUGE windows into kitchens and (tiny) bedrooms - I would certainly not want to live in one of them. Too reminiscent of the 'Red Windows" of Amsterdam!

I was thinking the exact same thing. Those bedrooms are really right in your face on the street.

The kid said "Those houses look REALLY cozy", so it seems I have to teach him what cozy means, because it ain't that.

Not generally a fan of NIMBYism but the residents of the St. Lawrence neighbourhood were right to oppose this project. It proves all their concerns and fears to be true, as far as I’m concerned.
Could have been much nicer if the City had allowed it to be tall and slim. Whenever you see a clobbering block like this, your first suspicion should be that density was redistributed from a taller building into this. A “victory” for shortsighted reviewers.

Didn’t realise that towers C and D were being occupied. This single development has as many units as most Canadian downtowns add, in total, over a year!
If only Charlie Munger looked this over before he designed those dorms…

Back