The overwrought prevalence of hip hop and its influence exemplifies the dilapidation of maturity, intelligence, class, selflessness and morals in our culture. It's bred a culture of purposely illiterate idiots, as well. And no, I'm not an old stock Canadian; I'm in my early 30s. I'm just thoroughly embarrassed by much of my generation.

Um, my grandparents said the same thing about rock and roll. Get over it and enjoy it.

Hey thanks for posting, i learned something! I like it too.

You can keep using it, but just like said, it simply won't stick. Even locals don't know it, let alone outsiders. And really, 6? Should I call Los Angles "23"?

You know why other nicknames don't work? Because those are not New York City. It is about the city, not the name.

Haha, sorry man but you are out of touch. Most people under ~25 know what the 6 means, even people that don't listen to Drake or live in Toronto. He's one of the biggest artists in the game right now and is doing a great job promoting our city.

The overwrought prevalence of hip hop and its influence exemplifies the dilapidation of maturity, intelligence, class, selflessness and morals in our culture. It's bred a culture of purposely illiterate idiots, as well. And no, I'm not an old stock Canadian; I'm in my early 30s. I'm just thoroughly embarrassed by much of my generation.

I just groaned out loud.

Love the post-Nuit Blanche pix. Looks like it was a fun bash.

On the '6' issue -- Anyone who's a Blue Jays fan, and that's a demographic that runs to senior citizens as well as young'uns, knows what the '6' is due to Marcus Stroman. So, expect to hear it a lot in the post-game winning pitcher interview on Friday...

And, Armour, that was an awesomely pompous troll post! ;)

ohhhh, me likes the Toronto sign with the pics of people. This sign really has been through a lot these past few months.

Will The 6 stick long-term? Who knows?

I mostly use 'TO' with pride. It's not gimmicky and has longevity. So a few TO signs around the City would be cool, too.

Um, my grandparents said the same thing about rock and roll. Get over it and enjoy it.

Hey thanks for posting, i learned something! I like it too.
Rock and roll is at least interesting (or it was at one point) and involves good musicianship. I can't enjoy hip hop because it sounds like crap to my ears.
Love the post-Nuit Blanche pix. Looks like it was a fun bash.

On the '6' issue -- Anyone who's a Blue Jays fan, and that's a demographic that runs to senior citizens as well as young'uns, knows what the '6' is due to Marcus Stroman. So, expect to hear it a lot in the post-game winning pitcher interview on Friday...

And, Armour, that was an awesomely pompous troll post! ;)
That isn't trolling, it's my convictions. People are welcome to rebut what I said.

Last edited:
The amount of ignorance displayed in a few of the posts here is astounding. Like every other genre hip-hop has its bad artists, but has also produced some of the most important albums in the modern history of music, in addition to being a voice and outlet for some of North America's most marginalized groups.

Back