It was taken out of the project and made in to its own separate project. The restaurant is now looking for an operator and if all goes well, it should be built along with the work on the Queen St. forecourt.

Everything is wrong with the Sheraton Hotel in that location.

I came across this photo quite by accident a few days ago. NPS looking south, 1966, before the Sheraton was built

NPS_1966.jpg

*And*, if I try to be squinty, that south side flotsam still seems to be extant there.

Oh, and a reminder of the prime pre-Thomson Bay vista-finisher: the Beneficial Loans sign...

I saw that photo posted on a Facebook group and it is just as I would have imagined it to be, less the Sheraton. It wasn't much of a strip but the idea of an open skyline to the south from NPS rocks my world, but what's done is done.

It must suck to come to Toronto as a tourist this summer. Seems the whole downtown is under construction. Major changes in Toronto!

I've been thinking that too for a couple of years now - and a few more yet to come until the construction frenzy winds down a bit, NPS is complete, Queen's Quay finished and Ontario Place re-opens.

It must suck to come to Toronto as a tourist this summer. Seems the whole downtown is under construction. Major changes in Toronto!

Besides, according to CBC, the numbers are up this year. A lot more affluent tourists are coming from distant states who are flying in as opposed to driving in.
Architectural digest has a cool article about Toronto in the latest issue.

Besides, according to CBC, the numbers are up this year. A lot more affluent tourists are coming from distant states who are flying in as opposed to driving in.
Architectural digest has a cool article about Toronto in the latest issue.

Thanks for mentioning that. I found the Architectural Digest article online: Toronto Rising: Canada's largest city is becoming a capital of cool. A trio of talented locals share their favorite stops in the city’s liveliest neighborhoods

The water in public fountains comes from the same pipes that supply potable water to homes and businesses. What's the problem?

Back