According to the drawings, it looks like the Walmart will be gone (the development will be adjacent to a future Buttermil Ave. extension, which will go over the Walmart building)...
strange.. the development site is next to KPMG building in front of Walmart. I was there last week. Didn't realize that Walmart would be gone.

The wal mart was always going to leave, but not immediately. I imagine it'll be around for a good while longer. They are taking out part of the parking lot to build this tower, but it will remain until at least the next phase of development.

The Buttermill Avenue extension will happen at a later date when the walmart plot is redeveloped.

The development site is directly to the east of the Walmart. Walmarts parking lot is being reconfigured to accommodate it.

SmartREIT and Mitchell Goldhar Announce Transit City Condos in SmartCentres Place Substantially Sold Out

TORONTO, ONTARIO--(Marketwired - Jun 6, 2017) - Smart Real Estate Investment Trust (TSX:SRU.UN) and Mitchell Goldhar are pleased to announce that the first and second condo towers called Transit City are substantially sold out, and as a result of the actual sales figures, SmartREIT is amending its previously announced guidance by increasing profitability on these towers to an estimated return of 25-30% on costs from the previously announced 15-20%.
More.... http://www.stockhouse.com/news/pres...ty-condos-in-smartcentres#8LEXlFPs3So57blW.99

Phase 3 is now apparently launching. Looks like another crazy year for sales in VMC.

The building appears to be directly north of the new bus terminal, along Portage Parkway, and directly to the east of the first tower. I count 56 floors.

34E8D870-8541-4A50-9028-9ECE7291BC2C-10664-0000054AA472FF99.jpeg

Attachments

• 34E8D870-8541-4A50-9028-9ECE7291BC2C-10664-0000054AA472FF99.jpeg
    34E8D870-8541-4A50-9028-9ECE7291BC2C-10664-0000054AA472FF99.jpeg
    49.2 KB · Views: 909
Last edited:
Phase 3 is now apparently launching. Looks like another crazy year for sales in VMC.

The building appears to be directly north of the new bus terminal, along Portage Parkway, and directly to the east of the first tower. I count 56 floors.

View attachment 111322
I just got an email too. Notice this tower introduces another above ground parking garage.

View attachment 111322

The growth here is insane. Glad to see that the area is growing well around the subway station.

Developers must be fudging the sales figures and keeping huge blocks for themselves. Right now this is the armpit of the GTA. It'll take at least 10 years for the big box hell to develop in highrise suburbia and at least 20 years to create that suburban city centre vision.

Back