I remember working on the development application for this building, and from what I recall from prelim drawings, it's going to be a decent building with some good setbacks on the upper floors (as required in the zoning bylaw).

Do you know how tall this is going to be? What I'm concerned about is a loss of sightlines from the west toward the Gladstone tower. The Gladstone hotel is, after all, the local landmark and should still command a regal presence. Unfortunately, this will be somewhat lost when they build the craptacular Bohemian Embassy across the street.

A secondary concern would be keeping enough space for the proposed Queen West station of the DRL :)

Rumour is Context owns Samko and is teaming up with Streetcar for the project.

Oh I see. Toronto becomes such a small town the more I learn about it. Kind of depressing I find. The same jerks profiting from the small guy. Which is why I refuse to make them any wealthier by participating in the mass hysteria that is the Toronto housing market.

^^ You keep all of your money stuffed in mattresses, don't you?

Context's involvement in this area is very good news! Their track record, at least in terms of design, is excellent from what I've seen.

Good team for this area. Design conscious and reputable - lets see the plans. A little neighbourhood involvement in the process would go along way after the debacle across the street.

But he and his wife destroyed my old 'hood with their garish vulgar expansion! I can't go through Rosedale anymore--the renovators are slowly ruining the place.:(

Now they're gonna destroy my old haunts on Queen West....

He's not a member of my community so why do I have to respect him?

He's not a member of my community so why do I have to respect him?

There are about 6 billion people who are not members of my community but it doesn't mean that I should not respect them. I thought we were all members of the human race community but perhaps I am in error.

Meanwhile, I will patiently await a rendering for 2 Gladstone and pray for UD's sake that only earthlings may purchase.

Almost certainly entirely unintentional, but there's something very stereotypically Bad Old Toronto Establishment about the statement "He's not a member of my community so why do I have to respect him?" directed at someone named "Gerry Schwartz"...

Back