Finally got around to shoot the area where the new Sheppard W subway station is going to be built as an before shots.

At the same time, I had a look at the GO line to see what there now and what has to be done to put in a station.

The GO line bridge can handle 3 tracks easy, but only 2 using a centre platform on the bridge.

It going to take at least 20 years before there any real development to support the station other than GO.

Since TTC has no plans to put a walkway over Sheppard Ave to get to the north side from the station and no room on GO bridge for GO to do it or need to, the walkway will have to be done by the city or an developer.

Either entrance will not easy accessible from Sheppard Ave even for TTC service routes since those entrances are some 300+ feet from the current sidewalk and over 500 feet to the nears bus stop.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIq02Xlmguc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MX6Mfarodk

from Daily Commercial News, Sheppard Ave. W. station...

SUBWAY STATION Proj: 9092088-3

North York, Metro Toronto Reg ON PREPARING PLANS

Sheppard Avenue West Subway Station, Bakersfield St, South of Sheppard Ave West, M3J
$20,000,000 est

Note: Tender for contractors to complete cut and cover for tunnels has been issued, report number 9104634. Arch is undertaking preliminary Station concept plans and design. An Information Session will be held by the Owner for interested Design/Build Contractors and Consortia December 4, 2009. INFORMATION is available at www.ttc.ca. Owner expects to issue a Prequalification of Design/build/Bid proposals for Consortia to complete Working drawings and Contract management early 2010 with York University Station, report number 9080311 and the 407 Transitway Station, report number 9092083. Individual Consortia will be awarded Spring 2010. Tender and construction schedules will be determined Summer, 2010. Further update early 2010.

Project: proposed construction of a new subway station as part of the expansion of the Spadina subway line followed under report number 1309236. The project will have a double track and concourse level and a passenger level. It will provide a transfer point to TTC and local bus services. Commuter parking and transit facilities will also be included. Connection to the GO Bradford Rail service is also proposed.

Scope: 1 storey; 2 storeys below grade; 2 structures
Development: New
Category: Passenger terminals; Retail, wholesale services

re: Sheppard West station

I was just browsing the Sheppard West Station Approval of Conceptual Design .pdf in the TTC's website, and I noticed that in the cross section diagram in Exhibit 4 on page 9, there appears to be three locomotives side by side on the GO Barrie line. Does this mean that this segment of the GO line is to be triple tracked through Sheppard West station? On some of the other exhibits, double tracking is implied, hence the question.

On the TTC Commission agenda today include procurement authorization to begin work on Sheppard West subway station. This thread will start getting a lot busier once the bulk of construction begins this year.

There is construction equipment all over the place moving dirt around and fencing is being put up.
What do you mean? I drove down the 407 on Sunday, and I was staring at those farmer's fields that run between Jane and the 400 south of the 407, and thinking just how bizarre it was that we were building a subway in what is now a farmer's field.

What do you mean? I drove down the 407 on Sunday, and I was staring at those farmer's fields that run between Jane and the 400 south of the 407, and thinking just how bizarre it was that we were building a subway in what is now a farmer's field.

I mean, heavy construction equipment is present and working at the site of where the future station box for Sheppard West will be.

I mean, heavy construction equipment is present and working at the site of where the future station box for Sheppard West will be.
Good news ... but I assumed the photographs were commentary on the undeveloped nature of the area, rather than the progress in construction. That's the first confirmation of actual station or launch-site cosntruction I've heard though!

Good news ... but I assumed the photographs were commentary on the undeveloped nature of the area, rather than the progress in construction. That's the first confirmation of actual station or launch-site cosntruction I've heard though!

Well, I take the 84A to work everyday and I'm always looking out the window to see how things are developing! :)

I didn't have the sound turned on for that youtube video, hence my comment regarding the progress of the station.

I didn't have the sound on either! Perhaps your comment was appropriate!! :)

I've also seen progress/preparation of Steeles West station (south side). Maybe the TBMs will be dropped down there?

And I haven't seen anything at the other future stations yet.

Back