City hall maybe ok to be in Maple but the new hospital makes no sense to build on Major Mackenzie so close to the other existing hospital in Richmond Hill. They should have built the hospital on the more than ample land around VMC.

City hall maybe ok to be in Maple but the new hospital makes no sense to build on Major Mackenzie so close to the other existing hospital in Richmond Hill. They should have built the hospital on the more than ample land around VMC.

I expect that the existing hospital site in Richmond Hill (formerly known York Central Hospital) will close or be downgraded to an outpatient and/or complex care centre.

One day, I could also see another new hospital site proposed for somewhere near 404 and Elgin Mills Road, filling the gap between the Mackenzie Health hospital in Vaughan, Markham-Stouffville Hospital, and Southlake Hospital in Newmarket.

I think the justification for putting the city hall there is that it's in the heart of Maple, which (unlike VMC) is an established community.

Other than some old houses, a few scattered small businesses, and faux historic stacked townhomes built at roughly the same time as the city hall, there's nothing really special about Maple to warrant putting the city hall there. There's no real village for instance. Woodbridge has a village and covers a much larger area of Vaughan--by popular definition anyways--than Maple. I think Vaughan tends to make their historic communities out to be more significant than they really are based on present reality.

Witness the unremarkable surroundings of Vaughan City Hall:

Maple.png

Attachments

• Maple.png
    Maple.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,479
Other than some old houses, a few scattered small businesses, and faux historic stacked townhomes built at roughly the same time as the city hall, there's nothing really special about Maple to warrant putting the city hall there. There's no real village for instance. Woodbridge has a village and covers a much larger area of Vaughan--by popular definition anyways--than Maple. I think Vaughan tends to make their historic communities out to be more significant than they really are based on present reality.

Witness the unremarkable surroundings of Vaughan City Hall:

View attachment 130922
At least it has a GO station :eek:

Last week, I rode my bike from VMC station to Vaughan Mills along Edgeley.

Good thing about the Foamite factory along the route.

Why is the bus terminal taking so long?

Probably because it's not really needed at this point. Only three routes will serve it on opening day, and I suspect the only reason why it's even being built was because SmartCentres offered to pay part of the costs.

In this marketing piece for Festival Condos, it references a future southern VMC Station entrance. I think that would be a great addition IMO.

A870A93B-7E6C-47A2-85BE-39237CA9E9E3.png

In this marketing piece for Festival Condos, it references a future southern VMC Station entrance. I think that would be a great addition IMO.
The hallway that extends south now to the BRT stop in the middle of Hwy 7 was designed to be extended further south.

Back