^Not necessarily. CC3 and HUB went through the same process and we thought HUB and CC3 were very close to securing a tenant when they got approved.

Considering that Allied wants this settled quickly i would not be surprised to see shovels on the ground by spring/summer of 2022, if there are two building id like to see built in this next wave is this and The HUB

....i believe the other 4 big boys {CC-3, 11 Bay, Union Park 1-2) will eventually be built between 2025-2030
which leaves East Harbour without much of a chance to build anything till after 2030
Want to make a bet?

Want to make a bet?
If this (in the current form) is under construction by spring 2022, I will eat a 3in² section of my hi-visibility construction vest on video.

I'm not giving away anything............

But I have spoken about the office market in Toronto being much stronger than some seem to think.

If one were to listen to this Michael Emory interview from last week May 2018; in the first minute he says something about the Toronto market...........

He also has something to say in the last minute..........

Pay close attention class...........

Edit: Note the strike-through on the date, as this video was much older than my initial search led me to believe.

Thanks to @CharmAlarm for flagging issues; and @Undead for doing the leg work on the date.
That said, I will affirm that the information remains sound and consistent w/the current market to the best of my knowledge; even though the video is not.

I shall, however, endeavour to me more careful when searching these things going forward!

Last edited:
I'm not giving away anything............

But I have spoken about the office market in Toronto being much stronger than some seem to think.

If one were to listen to this Michael Emory interview from last week; in the first minute he say something about the Toronto market...........

He also has something to say in the last minute..........

Pay close attention class...........

Amazon tower confirmed ;)

If this (in the current form) is under construction by spring 2022, I will eat a 3in² section of my hi-visibility construction vest on video.
I suggest you chew it very well. You don't want something to become lodged in your plumbing on the way down... >.<

I suggest you chew it very well. You don't want something to become lodged in your plumbing on the way down... >.<
I would blend it into a slurry for the sake of practicality

Shopify is now referring to Toronto as their main centre of operations: https://www.google.com/amp/s/ottawa...wcm/8cf076d2-d2fc-40c4-b469-005cf0d98e6e/amp/

I think Amazon and Shopify will both build signature towers because they can and because they are competing for the same talent.

Shopify is just going into 'The Well'; while they have expanded greatly in the pandemic, I don't believe they are yet at risk (subject to 'return to the office' )of fully exploiting their space there.

They may well grow quickly, but they were not on my list of those shopping for 400,000ft2 plus (but maybe that's changed).....

Edit to add; just cause I haven't heard of that, doesn't mean it might not be true.

Back